Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Was told recently by a pal at the club that NUFC staff now have to apply for their tickets via a ballot this season

The ticketing team have clearly got a massive stonk-on for ballots 

Wasn't that already the case?

Sure staff and corporate have an allocation that you can apply for but don't think it was ever first come first served?

Have put this in Match Atmosphere thread too, but feels relevant for discussion here also

Received this email from the Supporter Services this week after I highlighted my frustrations with the ballot and ticketing system

It was my understanding that ticketing workshops in the summer were invite only ? 

We are committed to ensuring supporters everywhere feel as connected to Newcastle United as possible. Going to the match is a unique experience that puts supporters at the heart of the action, and we work hard to ensure as many of our fans as possible have that opportunity by operating a fair ticketing system.

I appreciate that ticketing is a key discussion area for many fans, and we will take on board your feedback below as part of our ongoing engagement. Please do keep a look out for future workshops on topics that effect fans and may be important to you – it would be great if you could join us.

7 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Have put this in Match Atmosphere thread too, but feels relevant for discussion here also

Received this email from the Supporter Services this week after I highlighted my frustrations with the ballot and ticketing system

It was my understanding that ticketing workshops in the summer were invite only ? 

We are committed to ensuring supporters everywhere feel as connected to Newcastle United as possible. Going to the match is a unique experience that puts supporters at the heart of the action, and we work hard to ensure as many of our fans as possible have that opportunity by operating a fair ticketing system.

I appreciate that ticketing is a key discussion area for many fans, and we will take on board your feedback below as part of our ongoing engagement. Please do keep a look out for future workshops on topics that effect fans and may be important to you – it would be great if you could join us.

Did you just fire off a random email through to them?

Despite the debate going on about what makes for a good match atmosphere, surely everyone can now agree that the ability to choose your own seat must be brought back?

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Did you just fire off a random email through to them?

Despite the debate going on about what makes for a good match atmosphere, surely everyone can now agree that the ability to choose your own seat must be brought back?

I emailed Head of Supporter Services and cc'd a couple of other relevant NUFC people with some brief thoughts on why I feel the new system is flawed - seat allocation, IT system always failing, not enough time between resale and match date etc

I didn't try and offer any solutions, just some feedback on my experience

My view was that if the Head of Supporter Services was unhappy about receiving a short, polite email with feedback from a match going supporter, then what's the point of having a Head of Supporter Services

And also, in any business, if you make a major change that leaves some of your regular customers feeling very pissed off, it's sensible to find out why by engaging with them

Edited by bobbydazzla

I'm sure it will only be season ticket holders that are flagged up at the turnstiles

These will be coming from elsewhere no doubt. Nobody knows how many are going to the non season ticket allocation now they've took it off the website

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

I'm sure it will only be season ticket holders that are flagged up at the turnstiles

These will be coming from elsewhere no doubt. Nobody knows how many are going to the non season ticket allocation now they've took it off the website

It’s back on now.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Rumours that more and more being siphoned off.

https://x.com/Thomas_C22/status/1718194439649157374?s=20

When I was at that ticketing workshop, the head of hospitality was on my table and he was absolutely adamant that hospitality hadn’t received an increase in away tickets since the takeover.

Now I’ve know idea if he was telling the truth, although given how adamant he was I doubt he outright lying, perhaps he could have been circumnavigating the truth if additional tickets have not gone through the what was/is traditionally hospitality? I’ve no idea really 🤷🏽‍♂️

He said something along the lines of “we don’t take nearly as much for hospitality as some Premier League clubs, Liverpool take 25%”.

Although I did say to him that the club should really be more transparent as something gets said on social media and  however true or not, it ends up becoming fact with many people. He seemed to agree at the time, but doesn’t look like the club as whole do.

My mate was down there again today. Said it was garbage in the away end once again. Sent me vids of fans trying to start songs and just zombies all around him.

Hate to say it but the powers that be might need to see our nasty side to get this ticketing farce sorted out.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

My mate was down there again today. Said it was garbage in the away end once again. Sent me vids of fans trying to start songs and just zombies all around him.

Hate to say it but the powers that be might need to see our nasty side to get this ticketing farce sorted out.

I’ll smear shit on Staveleys windscreen if anyone wants to toilet roll Eales’ house?

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Tbf, Molineux isn't a very good away trip and where they place the away fans is too spread out.

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Brighton, West Ham, Wolves and Bournemouth are the worst away games of the season and had them in a row near enough. With CL games as well around the same time wouldn’t be surprised if it was a bit more back to normal after Bournemouth as people been happy to give them a miss.