Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

After another failure today and only two more applications to go I thought I'd look at my overall ballot record which has well and truly turned on its head.

An 8/21 record well and truly carried by 6/7 between Man City League Cup and Chelsea League games. 2/11 since. Suppose I could've picked a worse period of games to use up all my luck. :lol:

10 minutes ago, wormy said:

After another failure today and only two more applications to go I thought I'd look at my overall ballot record which has well and truly turned on its head.

An 8/21 record well and truly carried by 6/7 between Man City League Cup and Chelsea League games. 2/11 since. Suppose I could've picked a worse period of games to use up all my luck. :lol:

1 in 3 seems a decent ratio. Mine is 6 successes now. Which is 3 more than last season. 

I've applied for all bar two games on our two family memberships. Won 2 ballots. So not a great ratio here thus far. Another failure today.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

1 in 3 seems a decent ratio. Mine is 6 successes now. Which is 3 more than last season. 

Yeah no complaints overall. Shame I've not had an excuse to get up much since the new year but it's a reasonable hit rate and made better by only catching one loss, one draw and possibly the best NUFC match I'll personally see in the flesh.

29 minutes ago, wormy said:

What was your ballot failure today ? Spurs ballot isn’t drawn till the morra 

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

What was your ballot failure today ? Spurs ballot isn’t drawn till the morra 

Ah, I jumped the gun too. Fingers crossed, but not hopeful

Entered maybe 6 ballots and got my first success for West Ham with my 8 year old.

He's only ever experienced Watford home games so hoping for him to be properly awestruck :aww: 

My success has been dreadful. Mostly I assume because I’ve been going in as 2 tickets, but still, for every home league game so far, Brentford and Palace are only two I’ve been successful. Have been successful for West Ham so that’s 3 out of 16 (wasn’t successful for Everton) :D 

3 more to go (Spurs being one). 

Been mixing them up across Cat 1-3, and been successful in 1 and 3 x2.

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

My success has been dreadful. Mostly I assume because I’ve been going in as 2 tickets, but still, for every home league game so far, Brentford and Palace are only two I’ve been successful. Have been successful for West Ham so that’s 3 out of 16 (wasn’t successful for Everton) :D 

3 more to go (Spurs being one). 

Been mixing them up across Cat 1-3, and been successful in 1 and 3 x2.

It’s difficult to know how much applying in pairs hinders your chances. 

We all kind of assume it must do, but because they seem to want to treat any data relating to ballots as a national secret, and we don’t know the specifics of any draw algorithm, we can’t be sure.

5 from 16 would be more the average return you would expect though, so you’re definitely on the low side.

I've applied for the ballot 20 times (missed Luton ballot): 

Successful: 9 Times 

4 x When applying for 2

5 x When applying single 

45% Success rate which I thought was poor until I read some of the stats in here. 

Have attended 11 so far & have tickets for the next 3 through resale & transfers from ST holders. 

Edited by Tross

2 minutes ago, Tross said:

I've applied for the ballot 20 times (missed Luton ballot): 

Successful: 9 Times 

3 x When applying for 2

6 x When applying single 

45% Success rate which I thought was poor until I read some of the stats in here. 

Have attended 11 so far & have tickets for the next 3 through resale & transfers from ST holders. 

Aye, club said 30% was the average success rate, so you’ve definitely had a decent hit rate.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Aye, club said 30% was the average success rate, so you’ve definitely had a decent hit rate.

Absolutely, was just putting that up as it looks like applying for 2 doesn't hinder your chances it literally is just luck of the draw. Still need to get rid though & bring back the stick man. 

19 hours ago, JLC said:

Ah, I jumped the gun too. Fingers crossed, but not hopeful

Should do that more often. Got 2 for Spurs.

Failed again for Spurs.

Applied for a few tickets together via every ballot so far and only ‘won’ tickets in the ballot 3 times, last one against Forest on Boxing Day so doubt the number of applications have dropped unless I’m just extremely unlucky - can’t get into SJP even through this rough run of form. I always try for Cat2, but was put into Cat3 for one game. I’d happily have the worst seat in the ground.

I’ve picked up the odd ticket through resales, which means going alone.

i just find it frustrating and demoralising. Last years system was much better, cos I cared enough to make every effort to be online at the prescribed time. This 2 day window opens the floodgates to the dont really care if I get a ticket or not crowd.

Most games I’ve witnessed folk who don’t know songs, more interested in their phones and unwilling to stand in safe standing sections. Wrt season ticket holders they aren’t much better, with their little cliques handshaking, and leaving 10 mins before the end of the game regardless of score and telling me to sit down or be quiet for inevitably wanting to cheer on the lads.

There’s a lot to fix

13 hours ago, Earp said:

Anyone want to swap an adult and child ticket for Spurs for the West Ham game (if that’s possible?)

I know @M4 would snap your hands off for the Spurs tickets if they become available separate from West Ham.

On 22/03/2024 at 21:56, Earp said:

Anyone want to swap an adult and child ticket for Spurs for the West Ham game (if that’s possible?)

Just slid into your DMs

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this may be an interesting bump as we celebrate/commiserate our attendance/non-attendance of the final home game of the season. What were people's final results?

After applying for every match, I've well and truly paid for my early season good fortune. Went from 6/10 success rate to 2/13. A total outcome of 1/3 can't be grumbled at really but it feels worse when they all came in quick succession and I've attended one match since the turn of the year. Wouldn't have minded them spread a bit further out (as long as I still got PSG :lol:). 

Sorry about the second half of the season, that must hurt.

Me and mine have won tickets through the ballot for 3 games this season. 3 games out of 23 applications I think. I feel ripped off.

Maybe it’s karma as last year and before it was attainable to get tickets on a match by match basis, for fans without the luxury of a season ticket. I don’t believe demand is any higher now than it was when I saw us vs Southampton, Spurs, Arsenal and Brighton at the back end of last season, it’s just an inept system which is nothing more than a game of chance, and which could be rigged.
At this point NUST aren’t really representing Members, so I hope the club will be transparent about how many tickets were applied for in a category by category basis, and let us know how many tickets were available in each category.

I want to go to every game next season and have more than enough money set aside for tickets, refreshments etc.

At the very least I want to be able to apply for tickets in every category next season, not be limited to a ballot for one area like NUST forced when the initial system was changed in August.

Fair, my arse.

Obviously living away from Newcastle I'm not going to get to every game but only won 1 ballot this season. 

Burnley 2-0. Manged more away games (Dortmund & Blackburn) than home. 

Might sack it next year unless they make some adjustments. 

Been fortunate with it this season.

8/18 in the ballot.

Did CL and 2 PL games in hospitality - bought all those at the start of the season and had a run of 5 or 6 "wins" in a row and was convinced it was somehow weighted due to that, but like with @wormy above after that I got significantly worse.

Managed to otherwise nab general resale or Barracks resales so will have made it to every game, hell of a lot of time on that sodding website spent refreshing that would probably have been better spent elsewhere, but the things we do etc...