Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Would do me like. 

I think 5 or 6 games only justifies paying 37 quid for membership. That should have been the figures that were worked on and then the number of members capped to guarantee 5 or 6 games. 

Plus previous members should have been able to renew just like ST holders and then let everyone else scramble for what's left. 

That rewards some levels of loyalty 

6 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

I think you have to factor in season ticket holders who’ve also got a membership so they can potentially get one for their bairns/partner/parents etc too. I know of two ST holders who’ve done this and bought 3 memberships each alongside their ST. 

Exactly.

Most my friends with STs have because of the system had to buy memberships for +1/2/3’s as no longer included and only way to attend a match with them (even though not sat together). That’s why I wasn’t totally discounting the extremely high figure going about on Twitter. It was only as the last season progressed a ST holder or membership holder went from being allowed 4 tickets per game all the way down to 1 and now for STs none.

15 minutes ago, SteV said:

I would guess that 57k Silverstone said would be about 90% of total sales.

That’s more than I was expecting like.

I do think as well the ‘novelty’, if you want to call it that, of applying in the ballots might wear off for a few and there won’t quite be the demand that there’s been so far (that said I suppose how we perform could effect that as much as anything).

I’m sceptical on whether they’ve got something in place to artificially even it out over the course the season as well. But like you said earlier, time will tell as the season goes on.

So (assuming he said 57k) then extra 10% gives you 64k members.

Weirdly as much as we all love SJP you’d think also a new stadium would even increase the demand/interest as something new to experience.

What you’ve got to factor in these days is a lot more families and kids go to the match.

Thinking back to 90’s all the way through to before the MA protests there was never that many kids going to games and the interest amongst women attending has exploded too.

2 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I think 5 or 6 games only justifies paying 37 quid for membership. That should have been the figures that were worked on and then the number of members capped to guarantee 5 or 6 games. 

Plus previous members should have been able to renew just like ST holders and then let everyone else scramble for what's left. 

No, it rewards people who had access to a closed shop. The club are being fair to everyone. Same playing field but that discussion has been done to death. 

For the record we're happy we got the Villa game. Was great to be back. 

If we dip out and that's our lot for the season then it cost us £81 each. 

We won't be entering every ballot, again fwiw

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

In my defence I’m basing that on a lot of non confirmed figures but feel they are fairly conservative ones. Also not everyone will attempt every game. 

How many were you anticipating? 

It’s not really about expectations, it’s just a crushing disappointment to go from attending every game to attending a very small number (and not having a clue which ones they’ll be). 

I realise it’s not a logical position, because I had an advantage in the previous system. And I guess I have to assume that everyone in the ballot deserves a ticket just as much as anyone else. 

It just changes the experience of being a fan a lot. Guess I have come to terms with it until we have enough seats or until the team gets bad again. 

I realise it’s an overreaction, but if I thought I could only get to 4 home games a season I might consider having to give NUFC a much smaller place in my life. I was used to that when I didn’t live here. 

I’m still working out what to do TBH, and maybe it’ll be better than I think. We’ll see. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What you’ve got to factor in these days is a lot more families and kids go to the match.

Thinking back to 90’s all the way through to before the MA protests there was never that many kids going to games and the interest amongst women attending has exploded too.

It’s a tricky one, the family thing. Obviously, you want folk to be able to attend as a family, and you’d really like to think there’s some way of a ST-holding parent to be able to attend with a child once they are old enough.

But we know our old family section was way too big and you can’t be having empty seats when loads of people can’t get in.

I don’t know what the answer is tbh

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not really about expectations, it’s just a crushing disappointment to go from attending every game to attending a very small number (and not having a clue which ones they’ll be). 

I realise it’s not a logical position, because I had an advantage in the previous system. And I guess I have to assume that everyone in the ballot deserves a ticket just as much as anyone else. 

It just changes the experience of being a fan a lot. Guess I have come to terms with it until we have enough seats or until the team gets bad again. 

I realise it’s an overreaction, but if I thought I could only get to 4 home games a season I might consider having to give NUFC a much smaller place in my life. 

I’m still working out what to do TBH, and maybe it’ll be better than I think. We’ll see. 

IMO watching it in a pub with mates is a different but still enjoyable experience, if you have that option. Given I live a long way away, that is my norm now and the occasional live game may not be possible anymore depending on the cost, but still, at least we are are no longer s**te, which is a definite improvement.

Edited by OverThere

Do we play many games at home when Gateshead are at home? Might have imagined it but I'm sure they used to do something where NUFC season ticket holders got discounted Gateshead tickets when they were at home and NUFC away. They could latch on to a couple hundred extra through the gate if they did a similar sort of deal for NUFC members when both play at home the same day.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I realise it’s an overreaction, but if I thought I could only get to 4 home games a season I might consider having to give NUFC a much smaller place in my life. I was used to that when I didn’t live here. 

Was just asking for a number in reference to expectations. What number were you expecting or your maths telling you? Just wondering if I’m way off with my prediction.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s a tricky one, the family thing. Obviously, you want folk to be able to attend as a family, and you’d really like to think there’s some way of a ST-holding parent to be able to attend with a child once they are old enough.

But we know our old family section was way too big and you can’t be having empty seats when loads of people can’t get in.

I don’t know what the answer is tbh

Also I’m guessing in society over the last 30 years the number of single parents has risen so depending on when the game falls on (a access day) the ability as a ST holder back in the day to buy extra tickets if available for a seat nearby would be quite valuable as no point buying a full ST. Now all those people are in a bit of a pickle I’d imagine.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do we play many games at home when Gateshead are at home? Might have imagined it but I'm sure they used to do something where NUFC season ticket holders got discounted Gateshead tickets when they were at home and NUFC away. They could latch on to a couple hundred extra through the gate if they did a similar sort of deal for NUFC members when both play at home the same day.

Aye, Gateshead is way too expensive considering how bad the ground is. That’s why I didn’t go this weekend. 

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

No, it rewards people who had access to a closed shop. The club are being fair to everyone. Same playing field but that discussion has been done to death. 

For the record we're happy we got the Villa game. Was great to be back. 

If we dip out and that's our lot for the season then it cost us £81 each. 

We won't be entering every ballot, again fwiw

So why don't they do the same for season tickets? Surely that's a closed shop? 

29 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Capping the membership makes no sense at all so fuck that.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I didn’t have a number. I have no idea how many people want to go to the match.

My math was 19 games x 14k seats divided by 64k members = 4.15 games. If we assume 50% are part timers then you could get half a season. Bit better ??‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, jack j said:

How did you get on at City? One of the ones to get checked or not?

Put my experience in the Tickets section, but no different to any normal away day. Reading between the lines and some of the murmurings, it may have been slightly targeted towards some known busses with some known individuals on…but could just be coincidence or something else. Definitely saw plenty of ‘regulars’ but I’m no means a 15 game a season lad, even in my pomp I was doing 5-7 tops. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s spoiled as fuck, but for me if you’re used to being at the match (as I was when living in Newcastle and Edinburgh), being there is fundamental to the experience of being a fan. I’d fucking hate not being able to go while living there. (It’s easier to deal with when I’m far away enough it’s just obviously not practical, but I def also feel like I’m not getting the full experience anything like when I was living there). Soz for being a spoiled prick. 

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not think it’s the cause of the tickets now appearing on resale sites?

Entirely possible but limiting the number of your fans that are even allowed to try and buy a ticket while talking about massively growing the club's revenue streams seems a bit contradicting. I assume that the size of the fanbase is one criteria on the 'fair value' calculations on sponsorship deals after all.

Just using myself as an example but I didn't know they were capping the memberships last season. I don't think that should be a reason to deny me a chance to get a ticket in the following seasons.