UEFA Women's Euro 2022: England are European Champions

Disco

I gave it to the first goal. I saw that PP had it England 1/8, draw 6/1, Austria 19/1 and that kind of put me off initially.

Obviously those odds are fairly normal for a Man City home PL match, and there will be some big outsiders in the men's World Cup later this year, but when you're watching a fairly new product, I'd rather see competitive looking matches.

In terms of outright winner there do look some fairly well matched sides so I might just follow the results for now, maybe watch the last group game if some fairly exciting permutations and then watch more of the KO stage. 

Had the bbc app on which has a clip entitled a sensational goal for Sow for Switzerland. If failed to mention that the keeper must be 5”4” or something and instead if trying to dive decided that she needed to run across the goal a bit before flinging herself. 

It reminded me of that scene in Elf…it’s a hard watch.

Yeah, I watched the first 20 odd minutes before switching to the hockey on BT, but should have been far more than 2-0 at the time, so not too surprised to see it 5-0 at H/T and 3 more goals in the space of 5 mins.

Women's football presumably hasn't taken off in Italy as you'd naturally have expected that to have been much closer just hearing the two teams.

After the 1st round of group games, it looks as if everything is going as expected

England could do well, but they have to find some way of being more clinical!

Norway - strong starting 11, not sure if the squad is good enough to go all the way

Germany - look excellent and have a very strong squad, will take something special to beat them 

France - Amazing team, should do well, but could also implode at any second 

Sweden and Netherland - cancelled each other out in the opening and could both easily win the whole thing

Spain - look brilliant even with 2 of their best players out of the squad injured!

Second round of group games starts tonight, and we should learn a lot more about what England are capable of after the game against Norway!