NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

10 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

For absolutely no reason at all, just been rewatching the highlights of the 6-1 v Spurs with BBC Newcastle's commentary. Raisbeck and Ando were having the time of the lives. From Ando's "arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh" when Isak gets his first and then Raisbeck's "This is outrageous!" for our 5th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKXdpfI7gE

Annoys me how he says joelinton ?

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The average YouTuber with that many subscribers is making about 150k a year from views. Canny sustainable that.

My 2 year old son watches coco melon channel on his tablet. The view count they get for animated nursery rymes etc is absolutely mental. Such a simple idea but an complete goldmine. 

Edited by Scotty66

46 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

My 2 year old son watches coco melon channel on his tablet. The view count they get for animated nursery rymes etc is absolutely mental. Such a simple idea but an complete goldmine. 

Aye, I've considered it tbh :lol: Miss Rachel has made an absolutely daft amount 

14 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye, but on the flip side he's young, daft and ultimately harmless. Fair play to him imo if he's earning money whilst following Newcastle all around the world. He's doing what he loves and seems to be genuinely happy in life. 

You see, it's lost on me. I don't understand why people watch, does he get inside info.....no, is he insightful ....no, is it entertaining...   no. Its like the watchalongs, why would someone watch people watching a match ? and the likes of Rory Jennings, that Allcott fella and many other just standard random blokes (mainly) without any special knowledge, insight or talent. I know this bit should be in general chat but I think it follows from the above, Influencers, what the actual fuck !? No knowledge, no talent knobheads whose every word millions hang on, why ? No wonder we are where we are.

No I haven't had a drink ....... but I now will.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve only ever seen a handful of his videos - and only when they’re posted on here - but there is an entertaining Accidental Partridge element to the ones I’ve seen.

Or maybe it is Deliberate Partridge - I honestly can’t tell if the lad is the Keyser Soze of YouTubers, and he’s a secret genius just playing at being a bit of a dafty. 

Bit like Francis the trainspotter 

Real or fake ?

Have met the lad a couple of times and if it’s fake he’s an outstanding character actor who never lets his mask slip 

But one thing I do know is that he’s raking it in, probably wiping his arse on 50 pund notes these days 

All because he makes videos of himself being an autistic nerd 

18 minutes ago, madras said:

You see, it's lost on me. I don't understand why people watch, does he get inside info.....no, is he insightful ....no, is it entertaining...   no. Its like the watchalongs, why would someone watch people watching a match ? and the likes of Rory Jennings, that Allcott fella and many other just standard random blokes (mainly) without any special knowledge, insight or talent. I know this bit should be in general chat but I think it follows from the above, Influencers, what the actual fuck !? No knowledge, no talent knobheads whose every word millions hang on, why ? No wonder we are where we are.

not disagreeing with you there.  I don’t watch his stuff bar the odd snippet of what gets posted on here. But whatever he’s doing he must be doing it right, what that is exactly I’ve no idea. But he’s harmless, happy and doesn’t take himself seriously. It won’t last forever so he should enjoy it whilst it lasts. It’s a great time to be a Newcastle fan whilst he’s young and care free. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

not disagreeing with you there.  I don’t watch his stuff bar the odd snippet of what gets posted on here. But whatever he’s doing he must be doing it right, what that is exactly I’ve no idea. But he’s harmless, happy and doesn’t take himself seriously. It won’t last forever so he should enjoy it whilst it lasts. It’s a great time to be a Newcastle fan whilst he’s young and care free. 

I've no issue with him. It's why people watch that I have the issue with.

Edited by madras

50 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Love it. 3 year olds across the North East belting out “The Fulwell End is always full”.

Someone needs to insert that video of the Makem bairn

'Euro"

"Hero" 

"Euro" 

"Heeero" 

"Here, man, fuck off" 

10 hours ago, madras said:

I just think for people that click on the likes of Adam Pearson then complain about his lack of content then I just think what the fuck do you expect? 

That goes for the rest of them because of your a proper supporter who's had a strong interest from the moment you were able to walk.....then trust me your knowledge and insight of the club is far superior to these fuckin hucksters. 

It's a long time since I saw an Adam P video but it was something like

'as you can see, at James's park behind me' and I thought, yes I know you twat. 

And then there are further ramblings such as 'as I said before, I don't know' which is the point when you know your wasting your time 

Even Eddie, who comes across as a great guy and professional has really questionable material, as he's been wrong about almost everything he's said, and to be fair he admits it all the time, but it doesn't give you much confidence going forward. 

When I asked him some questions about stadium expansion there were clearly some huge gaps in his knowledge with reference to previous attempts to increase the capacity even though he came back and said basically this is my job full time now and I know everything. I was like, no mate you don't. 

11 hours ago, madras said:

You see, it's lost on me. I don't understand why people watch, does he get inside info.....no, is he insightful ....no, is it entertaining...   no. Its like the watchalongs, why would someone watch people watching a match ? and the likes of Rory Jennings, that Allcott fella and many other just standard random blokes (mainly) without any special knowledge, insight or talent.I know this bit should be in general chat but I think it follows from the above, Influencers, what the actual fuck !? No knowledge, no talent knobheads whose every word millions hang on, why ? No wonder we are where we are.

Why do you spend time on here then? :lol:

Throwing Allcott in there is unfair as well like, he clearly knows what he's talking about and is qualified to the extent that you may as well say that the data analysts working at clubs don't know anything or have any insight either.

27 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why do you spend time on here then? :lol:

Throwing Allcott in there is unfair as well like, he clearly knows what he's talking about and is qualified to the extent that you may as well say that the data analysts working at clubs don't know anything or have any insight either.

It's a conversation. Multiple ways. And come on, you know there's a difference  between a data analyst and someone who does what he does.

20 minutes ago, Big River said:

proper miserable bastards on here at times :lol:

brb off to the Golf thread to tell everybody it's shite and boring.

Could do worse. At one point someone was telling us we weren’t rich enough to be golfers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

8 minutes ago, madras said:

It's a conversation. Multiple ways. And come on, you know there's a difference  between a data analyst and someone who does what he does.

Exactly, it's a conversation. It's barely any different.

He's qualified in sports development so there's little difference really. Data analysts use similar system to the ones he does and their backgrounds vary.

Edited by Kid Icarus

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Exactly, it's a conversation. It's barely any different.

He's qualified in sports development so there's little difference really. Data analysts use similar system to the ones he does and their backgrounds vary.

It's very different. What Pearson does is designed to be one way. And Sports development is different to a professional sports data analysis. Got to admit I was sucked in a little re Allcott when we signed Bruno until I watched his stuff about others and saw there's little beyond presenting stats, little actual insight.

1 minute ago, madras said:

It's very different. What Pearson does is designed to be one way. And Sports development is different to a professional sports data analysis. Got to admit I was sucked in a little re Allcott when we signed Bruno until I watched his stuff about others and saw there's little beyond presenting stats, little actual insight.

We were talking about Allcott, not Pearson.