NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

On 08/07/2023 at 16:57, Jonas said:

There's a bit in Beresford's interview where he says Dalglish bollocked him and threatened to take him off if he went over the halfway line again against PSV.

Shocking in a "I knew it" kind of way.

Made worse by Beresford probably being our second top scorer at the time too.

We lost 1-0, game was absolutely shit and I'll bet Dalglish was quite satisfied.

Dalglish was a weird one. I never understood his philosophy at all when he came to Newcastle. His Liverpool teams in the second half of the 80s, especially the 87/88 team, were fantastic free-flowing teams that scored at will. When he came to Newcastle, I pictured us playing like those teams, even though with hindsight, his Blackburn team were pragmatic to say the least. Just a standard 4-4-2, with good wingers and a brilliant front two, but that would have been great as well.

He comes to us (granted it was 10 years later), sold all our best flair players and turned us into an ageing, miserable to watch outfit that could barely score a goal. You'd think that managing us for the second half of 96/97 with brilliant players that he inherited from Keegan and getting to second place would have given him some insight into taking us forward. Maybe some time between managing Blackburn and us, the game moved in a direction he couldn't understand or adapt to. Still one of the biggest disappointments of my supporting life.

53 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Dalglish was a weird one. I never understood his philosophy at all when he came to Newcastle. His Liverpool teams in the second half of the 80s, especially the 87/88 team, were fantastic free-flowing teams that scored at will. When he came to Newcastle, I pictured us playing like those teams, even though with hindsight, his Blackburn team were pragmatic to say the least. Just a standard 4-4-2, with good wingers and a brilliant front two, but that would have been great as well.

He comes to us (granted it was 10 years later), sold all our best flair players and turned us into an ageing, miserable to watch outfit that could barely score a goal. You'd think that managing us for the second half of 96/97 with brilliant players that he inherited from Keegan and getting to second place would have given him some insight into taking us forward. Maybe some time between managing Blackburn and us, the game moved in a direction he couldn't understand or adapt to. Still one of the biggest disappointments of my supporting life.

Especially given the last 4.5 months of 1996-97 with Keegan's team he on the face of it did quite well; we only lost 2 league matches under him and took us to the only other CL spot in the league at the time. He then proceeds to tear that side apart. I know Ginola asked to leave in March and the club floating as a PLC may have had a role but don't think I'll ever understand it.

26 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I'm indifferent to Adam P most of the season but I'm really looking forward to his travel vlogs when he goes to new places for the first time [emoji38]

I’m looking forward to the possibility of one in Naples 

20 minutes ago, Rocker said:

He's just a harmless gonk. Can't watch any of his videos and can't see the appeal personally, but fair play to him for making a living supporting the toon.

This is where I'm at.  I've watched about a minute of his vlog videos and was bored so turned off.  Not my thing.  But loads of younger people than me like this work of thing so fair play.  The haters are way sadder in my eyes than what he is doing.  

Ever so often he does do a video that really makes me laugh.  I cant tell if it's deliberate or not.  

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

He's just a harmless gonk. Can't watch any of his videos and can't see the appeal personally, but fair play to him for making a living supporting the toon.

That’s how I feel about it. He’s as cringe as it gets but fair play he’s obv getting some income. He’s buying a new top every other day and Is off to America 

Anyone seen his latest video of him arriving in America and apparently he says he got stopped and searched at one of the airports and "touched up the arse" I'm sure he said.[emoji38]

Skip to 4 minutes.

Edited by Scoot

Is that normal like? :lol: Pearson finger banged before he even steps foot on American soil, makes me think Mike got off way too lightly when he came to Newcastle.

Just now, Charlies said:

Off his box at half two in the morning taste testing Pringles, how can you not love him man :lol:

exactly. I get he’s a bit a marmite, but at the end of the day he’s young, he’s making some money by doing what he loves, he doesn’t take himself seriously, he isn’t a pick of bother and most importantly of all he seems happy. Good luck to him.