James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 hours ago, simonsays said:

Im pretty sure most of the Spurs players live in Essex/Hertfordshire rather than London anyway. 

Yeah people seem to think London is just about Oxford Street and Pall Mall. But outside of the main city centre there are some stunning landscapes, those two areas you mentioned are a good example.

I don't know why Maddison has a hard on for London, but maybe his reasons are family related. Anyway, good luck to him, I would still be more excited by signing Szoboszlai. Although there's nothing concrete about that one either tbf.

Just now, TRon said:

Yeah people seem to think London is just about Oxford Street and Pall Mall. But outside of the main city centre there are some stunning landscapes, those two areas you mentioned are a good example.

I don't know why Maddison has a hard on for London, but maybe his reasons are family related. Anyway, good luck to him, I would still be more excited by signing Szoboszlai. Although there's nothing concrete about that one either tbf.

And also happy if not Szoboszlai for our team to identify someone I've never heard of and be confident they'll move us forward.

The talk of him preferring a move to London isn’t a new thing so hopefully we haven’t been wasting much time with it during the summer.

I liked the idea of signing him and Szoboszlai rotating between midfield and wide right like Joelinton and Willock do on the left, that idea went out of the window due to us preferring Tonali so hopefully any new wide right play now can also cover up top.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

And also happy if not Szoboszlai for our team to identify someone I've never heard of and be confident they'll move us forward.

Yeah we have got very good at this. I trust us to bring the right one in. Pardon the uncanny likeness of phrase to the eery Scandi vampire movie.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Yeah we have got very good at this. I trust us to bring the right one in. Pardon the uncanny likeness of phrase to the eery Scandi vampire movie.

Great film. 

10 hours ago, Mountain said:

Yeah he's got her up the duff twice but won't commit which is interesting as he's keeping his options open, London could be fun for him.

I'd do the same, playas gonna play.

Christ, what a backward comment [emoji38]

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Soured on Maddison over the course of last season. No fight in either him or Tielemans. Maddison will fit right in at Spurs.

Same. Glad he’s not coming here, wouldn’t fit our style at all and would put the no di** head policy at risk.

Plus I think we can do a lot better than him, he’s good but he’s not in the Botman/ Bruno/Tonali/Isak class. 

4 minutes ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

Same. Glad he’s not coming here, wouldn’t fit our style at all and would put the no di** head policy at risk.

Plus I think we can do a lot better than him, he’s good but he’s not in the Botman/ Bruno/Tonali/Isak class. 

Not sure we can do a lot better than Maddison tbh, he’s an elite player imo.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Yep, he's more than good enough to be playing for a club in the mix for Champions League.

Who cares? He'd rather not play in the Champions league obviously.

Honestly not sure where some people are getting the view that Maddison isn't a good player from, I know folk are entitled to their own opinion but he's clearly an upgrade in output to about 80% of our attacking players.

He’s as good as it gets for an attacking mid + PL experience. If we decided against moving for him, or we’re not prepared to match terms offered than that’s on us - hopefully we do sign an elite attacking mid / winger. 

3 minutes ago, KDT said:

Honestly not sure where some people are getting the view that Maddison isn't a good player from, I know folk are entitled to their own opinion but he's clearly an upgrade in output to about 80% of our attacking players.

I dont think anyone is saying he's not a good player, just might not be an ideal fit for us and the way we play.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Some absolutely wild takes in here since it’s  started to become increasingly apparent he was more likely to sign for Spurs.

I don't think they're wild takes though. He's a fantastic footballer, but there are doubts about his workrate, and whether he would fit our style of play. Most people have voiced those concerns for months, got nothing to do with him going to Spurs.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Some absolutely wild takes in here since it’s  started to become increasingly apparent he was more likely to sign for Spurs.

Typical "you're ugly anyway" when a lass rejects a boy syndrome.

I would love Maddison here but maybe they see 26/27 at the edge of their transfer model? 

We seem to be looking at similar quality at 21 / 23 bracket but with the option to flip for a profit or extend in 4 years time. 

Edited by RobsonsWonderland