Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Ikon said:

Kaka, you speak about people losing their minds left right and centre. You seem to lose your mind left right and centre over very small or nothing kind of things. Don’t get hung up so often on basically nothing. 

You keep telling yourself that pal :lol:

Anyway you lot carry on about how shit players are. And how they aren't good enough for our team. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Paqueta is a good player. Just not suited to the way West Ham play and perhaps struggling with the intensity and speed of the premier league. 

Any chance that Gordon might be a good player and just not suited to the way Everton play?

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You keep telling yourself that pal :lol:

Anyway you lot carry on about how shit players are. And how they aren't good enough for our team. Enjoy!

I don’t have any need to keep telling myself anything. “You lot” ?? :lol: Stop making shit up. Where have I said anything towards how shit our players are? You strike me as one of those who overreacts and starts arguing about nothing while being alone in an elevator.

I like all our players and think they have done wonderfully well. This doesn’t mean that I don’t see room for improvement. It doesn’t mean that I think our players are shite, neither have I mentioned anything like this. Also when it comes to other players, I’m entitled to say who I think isn’t good enough for where we are going. It doesn’t mean that I think they are shite. 

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Paqueta is a good player. Just not suited to the way West Ham play and perhaps struggling with the intensity and speed of the premier league. 

So if he's struggling with the intensity and speed of the premier league, perhaps it's a good thing we didn't go for him like most on here wanted.

In any case, maybe he comes good maybe he doesn't. My point is that I trust Howe and the recruitment team ahead of everyone on here. Ultimately the manager is going to go after the players he believes work best for him to achieve his goals.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, of course, because the manager himself doesn't know what players are good for his own team. The way some folks are carrying on man. Yikes.

Everyone on here was losing their minds over getting Paqueta over the summer, and look at the state of him at West Ham. I don't understand why so many think they know what a good player even is.

We watch these players (Gordon and Mctominay) week in week out, we can form a very well informed opinion based of that imo.

What are people expecting in the final week, then?

Genuinely clueless, but still feel like we’ve got something big up our sleeve.

They have to have seen Trossard’s impact yesterday, we’re crying out for a bit of that.

Just now, Ikon said:

I don’t have any need to keep telling myself anything. “You lot” ?? :lol: Stop making shit up. Where have I said anything towards how shit our players are? You strike me as one of those who overreacts and starts arguing about nothing while being alone in an elevator.

I like all our players and think they have done wonderfully well. This doesn’t mean that I don’t see room for improvement. It doesn’t mean that I think our players are shite, neither have I mentioned anything like this. 

I don't even know what you're going on about at this point :lol:

My original post was about people complaining about McTominay and Gordon being shit and not good enough and Howe should be aiming higher. But, if those are the players he sees something in for the team he's building, then that's up to him. What they've done at Man United and Everton isn't really that relevant and they'll have to be judged on what they do for Newcastle and Howe.

No idea why your claiming I said that you referred to our players as shit! Where on Earth have you pulled that from?! You've completely lost me man.

Just now, Rich said:

They have to have seen Trossard’s impact yesterday, we’re crying out for a bit of that.

I'm expecting 150m spent.

A loan or two out.

Anything else and it's ASHWORTH OUT.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I don't even know what you're going on about at this point :lol:

My original post was about people complaining about McTominay and Gordon being shit and not good enough and Howe should be aiming higher. But, if those are the players he sees something in for the team he's building, then that's up to him. What they've done at Man United and Everton isn't really that relevant and they'll have to be judged on what they do for Newcastle and Howe.

No idea why your claiming I said that you referred to our players as shit! Where on Earth have you pulled that from?! You've completely lost me man.

I edited my post straight after I posted it and mentioned other players too. You quoted the non updated one.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We watch these players (Gordon and Mctominay) week in week out, we can form a very well informed opinion based of that imo.

Yeah, I know that. Much like the opinion so many had on Joelinton. Sometimes that opinion isn't right.

All I'm saying is if Howe does end up getting one or both just take a deep breath and don't get too down about it, because I can see that's where it's heading for a fair few on here. I think Howe has earned the leeway to get the players he wants, if indeed he is even in for this lot.

We will always be linked with tons of players, and most of them will be mentioned on here. Surely people can air their opinion on X particular player. Whether it’s positive or negative. iF we actually sign X names player then I’d like to think most will give them a chance. Until then I think they can say whatever they think without anyone moaning about them not liking a player for us, even when the player hasn’t even signed.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I know that. Much like the opinion so many had on Joelinton. Sometimes that opinion isn't right.

All I'm saying is if Howe does end up getting one or both just take a deep breath and don't get too down about it, because I can see that's where it's heading for a fair few on here. I think Howe has earned the leeway to get the players he wants, if indeed he is even in for this lot.

I won’t, I’ll get behind both 100%, however I think it’s fair for people to not rate either based on how much we have seen them play. Btw I don’t think Gordon is a terrible player, i just feel we could do a lot better for the price mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

One permanent in, possibly a loan as well. Hopefully one or two outgoings as well. 

21 minutes ago, Shak said:

Any chance that Gordon might be a good player and just not suited to the way Everton play?

Possibly.

But i've never seen it in him.

I wasn't overly hot on Paqueta before he joined West Ham. But I think he looks a real talent that is ill-suited to West Ham at best and not suitable for the league at worst. But he wants to get on the ball, pass it forward, nice angled passes to break lines, move and receive it back to build play. Like ok I get what kind of player he's trying to be. The amount of time he spends out of possession doesn't suit him.

Gordon? I see a willing runner with a bit of pace. That's it. I'm sure many see the same thing.

I trus Eddie and the transfer team but they aren't infallible and we are entitled to our opinions.

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

A couple of signings to sustain a CL push.

I would love someone capable of playing in a 8/10 role, receiving balls from Bruno to play it into attackers. And then a wide forward.

Edited by The College Dropout