Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Merino would be bloody brilliant in the centre. We would have seven ball players :lol:  Genuinely don’t think we need a pure DM. T least not one with limited ability on the ball. I like players that can contribute both ways, even if to a lesser extent in one of the directions perhaps. Technical ability/passing and vision gets you very far. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I haven't watched Leeds since their form's dipped. Presumably Harrison's gone off the boil as well then?

Aye, started the season well but gone off a bit. He got dropped the other week too.

Was speaking to some Leeds fans at the weekend and they reckon Coach Marsch mayn't be in post much longer though. Owners have been getting grief at games too.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Merino and Bruno in midfield.  Nah :lol:  We cannot be allowed that.

Saw Sean "I talk out of my arse" Casey tweet something about Merino earlier. If it's from him, it's obviously a load of shite. CWarr07 will be turning in his grave.

27 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye, started the season well but gone off a bit. He got dropped the other week too.

Was speaking to some Leeds fans at the weekend and they reckon Coach Marsch mayn't be in post much longer though. Owners have been getting grief at games too.

:lol::lol::lol:

5 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

Trossard will be 28 in December, I don’t think he fits the profile

I don’t expect a move for anyone over 25 

You need experience in the side along with youth - I think 28 is fair; Trossard will be in his prime.  It'll all depend on the price.

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, duo said:

You need experience in the side along with youth - I think 28 is fair; Trossard will be in his prime.  It'll all depend on the price.

Yeah, I think we may look at players that age if the deal is right, like it was for Pope, Trippier and Targett.

I think with his contract up in the summer, around £15 million would be about right.

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

Merino would be bloody brilliant in the centre. We would have seven ball players :lol:  Genuinely don’t think we need a pure DM. T least not one with limited ability on the ball. I like players that can contribute both ways, even if to a lesser extent in one of the directions perhaps. Technical ability/passing and vision gets you very far. 

He wanted to leave when we were on the way down and now he wants back on now we’re up. Nah.

8 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

He wanted to leave when we were on the way down and now he wants back on now we’re up. Nah.

Nah man :lol:

He wanted to leave because he was desperate to play and was out of the team.

He's been talking about wanting to come back to Newcastle even when Ashley was still here. Guy genuinely loved it at Newcastle.

From a Mikel Merino interview in The Athletic.

-----------------------

How were your experiences playing at Dortmund and in Newcastle?

Dortmund wasn’t like I hoped it would be. When you go on an adventure like that, you get into a good mindset to play, to develop, to become an important figure. Then I arrived and things were not as I expected. I learnt a lot from a top club with top players and I’m the person I am because of my experience there. That helped push me to a higher level.

Newcastle was amazing. I felt like I was home there, the people were so kind to me. I’d walk around the streets and everybody would call me. The stadium was always full, home and away. It was great to play in the Premier League, to experience the physical side of a league where you have to go strong in the tackles. It’s not about managing the ball and giving passes, but strength and going into battle. I thank Newcastle. I didn’t learn any Geordie phrases, learning English was difficult enough! But watching TV in English, Netflix and Game of Thrones, helped me learn the language. You have to pay attention; otherwise, you lose the drama.

How do you think Isak will do in the Premier League with Newcastle?

Alex has already started well. His mindset is very good. He can adapt to whatever you tell him. When he came here, he had to adapt to a very specific system of playing where he had a specific role to make an exact movement when the ball was in a certain position. Being from Sweden and being able to adapt showed how smart he is. With his abilities, his speed and strength, the Premier League is a good place for him.

He’ll be great for the Magpies!

Merino back would be sex. Biggest mistake of Benitez' tenure here not giving him more game time after he came back from injury. No matter how good form Shelvey & Diame were in at the time, form is temporary. Merinos quality was obvious.