Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think we’ll sign the young Brazilian midfielder and perhaps a wide player if the right deal presents itself. Certainly don’t think we’ll sign Maddison and to be honest not to fussed if we don’t. 

Edited by Whitley mag

Slow and steady wins the race eventually. 1 more quality player in January, finish maybe 7th or 8th, another 3 or 4 added in Summer '23 using free transfers perhaps and we're going into next season strong with quality in the XI and the bench. It'll happen and there's no rush. Build it solid, build it strong, no short cuts or cutting corners please. 

At the minute Napoli would surely be everyone’s pick as the most exciting team in European football. I’m convinced we’ll end up with a similarly young and exciting team under Ashton and Howe. 

The owners have recruited brilliantly so far and avoided all the usual pitfalls of new money in football, long may it continue.

8 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Anyone think we should strengthen depth at right back in January? Who will come in for tripper right now?

Think we'll go back in for that Ashby at West Ham

We're desperate for a back up right back

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Wonder if we might look at Dango Ouattara who has been a bit of a breakout in Ligue 1 this season. 20 year old left footed left/right winger playing for Lorient. His offensive and defensive output has been outrageous.

https://fbref.com/en/players/2f9e4435/scout/11585/Dango-Ouattara-Scouting-Report

Good spot, Graham ?25039BAC-82B6-4A9C-BC92-5E6A29E63621.thumb.jpeg.35d015351c6818ba43762bd240798896.jpeg

Y'all think we'll go back in for that Brazilian wide forward from Watford (can't for the life of me remember his name) in January? 

Edit: Joao Pedro! 

Edited by Peppe

10 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Anyone think we should strengthen depth at right back in January? Who will come in for tripper right now?

Linked with Vanderson a little while ago. Going by YouTube scouting, he’d be great and add to the Brazilian contingent. Expensive though. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Linked with Vanderson a little while ago. Going by YouTube scouting, he’d be great and add to the Brazilian contingent. Expensive though. 

I could see a right back come in on loan or something in Jan. Wasn’t there the lad at West Ham this summer? Losing Trippier for a period could really effect us so I imagine the club will be well aware. 

16 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I could see a right back come in on loan or something in Jan. Wasn’t there the lad at West Ham this summer? Losing Trippier for a period could really effect us so I imagine the club will be well aware. 

The third choice West Ham right back wouldn’t fill me with confidence tbh. 

3 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

The third choice West Ham right back wouldn’t fill me with confidence tbh. 

Fair point. It would be interesting to see what they do considering that have Krafth even though he’s our currently. A stop gap may be needed because Manquillo seems out of the picture completely? I mean Trippier can’t play every game in from now.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Fair point. It would be interesting to see what they do considering that have Krafth even though he’s our currently. A stop gap may be needed because Manquillo seems out of the picture completely? I mean Trippier can’t play every game in from now.

I think a loan would be best but who is going to come on loan to compete with Trippier