Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think we'll get a high end right sided forward, and still look at the likes of Arda Guler as well tbh.

The Arda kid looks not just a very special talent, but he is also very versatile. As well as playing that right side role he can also play as a progressive number 8 and so he would be incredibly valuable. He can also be had for a very fair price.

The good news is that he's the kind of young talent Ashworth routinely picked up for Brighton and so I think the interest is likely real. Similar to the young Brazilians we've been looking at like Matheus Franca.

Ideally yeah. Finding that top top class right side option is easier said than done. Don’t want us to sign someone that isn’t transformational. If we can’t then there is the possibility to use that 40m elsewhere if we get only AG for example. Think AG will play as an inverted wide forward to begin with before he slots in to a more of a natural #10 position. A footballer with that technical ability and situational awareness and vision can basically play blindfolded more or less anywhere up the pitch. 

Edited by Ikon

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We're pretty stacked on the wings, we need a RW who wouod walk into any side really, gkven how we play.

I agree. I see AG as a must sign if possible though no matter what.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are stacked with wingers, but we don’t have one top quality one. I think RW is as much a priority as a CM.

Totally agree. Would love to get someone like Raphinha even though he’s probably unlikely. Struggling to think of too many that would be worth the cost. 

Edited by Ikon

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Ideally yeah. Finding that top top class right side option is easier said than done. Don’t want us to sign someone that isn’t transformational. If we can’t then there is the possibility to use that 40m elsewhere if we get only AG for example. Think AG will play as an inverted wide forward to begin with before he slots in to a more of a natural #10 position. A footballer with that technical ability and situational awareness and vision can basically play blindfolded more or less anywhere up the pitch. 

The latest right sided forward link is Mohammed Kuddus. Will likely be in that £30 million range that has been great for us.

Could be transformational for us on that side, without costing crazy money.

I think if Arda comes in he'd still play loads as well in both wide right and in the number 8 slots, without as much pressure as it would be a significant step up and he is still really young.

I think the best option for AG would be to go to Leipzig or Dortmund tbh. Read that Leipzig are in for him now too. Also that him and his father agreed with FB to remove the 5m 1500 minutes clause now and that he is likely to cost 20m instead. If reports are correct mind. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are stacked with wingers, but we don’t have one top quality one. I think RW is as much a priority as a CM.

If you are looking for upgrades to the first team then Burn, Longstaff and Almiron are where we should be starting. That doesn’t mean that they won’t get a fair number of games between them this season but it’s where I can see us improving to try and maintain our place in the Champions League positions.

I really like the Joelinton and Willock pairing down the left and I think it will only get better when Willock continues to improve and a new left back is added.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Nice list! :thup:

The idea of signing Youssouf Fofana has definitely grown on me more recently. He's been highly rated and linked with top clubs for a while now, but similar to Guimaraes when he was at Lyon, clubs just haven't pulled the trigger. With him going into the last year of his contract now and the price he is available for, it's a very good singing.

Looking at him alongside Ugarte that a lot of us liked, he is a more progressive passer and ball carrier, and so influences and facilitates more goal scoring opportunities.

image.png.f6a341bd4cbbcac4161b282ed325bd4b.pngimage.png.08d28d14ff476919ee22e59714e92333.png

Think the main crux of my point Kaka was that there’s no excuses for us this summer - players are available to us - good and transformational players at that 

On the issue of wings - my ideal scenario is Raphinha/Chuckuwueze/Diaby (in that order) on the right side with the option of Maddison on the left - I think EH prefers a 433 that can become a 451 too 

Moussa Diaby's assists in his last three seasons have been incredible.

Goals haven't been bad either. 

(20/21 A-10 G-4) (21/22 A-12 G-13)

(22/23 A-8 G-9)

Hope we're serious about going for this player. He's on quite low wages also.

Edited by mighty__mag

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Think the main crux of my point Kaka was that there’s no excuses for us this summer - players are available to us - good and transformational players at that 

On the issue of wings - my ideal scenario is Raphinha/Chuckuwueze/Diaby (in that order) on the right side with the option of Maddison on the left - I think EH prefers a 433 that can become a 451 too 

Yeah, I agree, there are a lot of options out there. Could be an incredibly exciting summer.

I think we'll do some really good business.

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

£55M for a center back? That's a big part of the budget for a fourth priority position (after lb, cm, rw).

If he has pace, he'd be a very important signing. Would be harsh on Schar but if a player becomes available like that, you get him. Get a new left-back too and:

Pope, Dubravka, Karius

Trippier, Krafth

New LB, Targett

Min-Jae, Schar

Botman, Burn

gives us enough depth/quality in defence to tackle home and abroad. 

9 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

£55M for a center back? That's a big part of the budget for a fourth priority position (after lb, cm, rw).

I think it would be very shrewd not sure we looked quite so water tight in the run in and we’ll up against some serious forwards in the CL.