Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

If they’re sure and have done the homework on character then out of the 2 Szo is a go go [emoji38]

He's considered a leader in the dressing room too. On a side note, his Mrs is sensational.

21 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Would love us to get Rice. Sure we would go for him, if he’d come. 

I'd be happy with only 3 signings this summer if they were Rice, Maddison and Szoboszlai like. We'd still have a couple of areas need strengthening but I think those 3 would upgrade us that drastically we'd still be massively improved. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd be happy with only 3 signings this summer if they were Rice, Maddison and Szoboszlai like. We'd still have a couple of areas need strengthening but I think those 3 would upgrade us that drastically we'd still be massively improved. 

Howe definitely wants a LB.

41 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So Maddison for £40m or Szoboszlai for £65m?

I've no doubt Szoboszlai is good but Maddison seems like a safe bet and much cheaper. 

Would be happy with either one. Maddison is PL ready and offers something we dont have in the team. Szobo from another league, but still got lots of CL and national experience.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's also a bit of a risk buying at a premium from the Bundesliga unless you're absolutely sure.

x2 if they’re Red Bull schooled.

Guest reefatoon

Hopefully the Szoboszlai deal is the one. He looks a unit and would fit right in.

Much prefer that to a diving little scrote[emoji38] 

Haaland and Mane are the exceptions but there's been quite a few Red Bull flops to the PL now. Both of those had an intimediary step before they went to a top PL club rather than direct.

Keita and Werner at the expensive end. Leeds have had a nightmare with them - Augustin, Adams, Aaronsen, Wober etc. Not really a hit amongst them. Patson Daka at Leicester, Hwang at Wolves. All cost far more than their output. Minamino was on the cheap cos of a buyout clause but wasn't much cop either.

RB clubs have a pretty distinct style of play and recruitment model that gives a platform for players to thrive but have enough money behind them that means asking for big £££ when they sell. 

Edited by ponsaelius

Are we not a system team? High coordinated press, get ball forward quickly, left back tucking in and making back three, right back moving upfield to make additional wide player, right wide player interchanging with right back to get in crosses or a shot off at goal. Not sure how compatible RB Leipzig’s system is with ours as not really watched them other than one CL match against City but if I recall correctly they had the same high press and energy.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Are we not a system team? High coordinated press, get ball forward quickly, left back tucking in and making back three, right back moving upfield to make additional wide player, right wide player interchanging with right back to get in crosses or a shot off at goal. Not sure how compatible RB Leipzig’s system is with ours as not really watched them other than one CL match against City but if I recall correctly they had the same high press and energy.

I was gonna say this too. How many of our players have value now because they've fit well into this system that gets the best out of them when in reality a fair few of them are actually very average (at best) players?

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

I was gonna say this too. How many of our players have value now because they've fit well into this system that gets the best out of them when in reality a fair few of them are actually very average (at best) players?

I think they have value because although they fit into a system that work for them. They are also finally in a system. Instead of crossing fingers and hoping for the best when under bacon

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Yeah we are, I just think a lot of their players struggle outside of that specific RB system, there are outliers of course it just increases the risk factor, added to the fact no one can defend it inflates attacking numbers.