Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I think signing players on a free to then sell-on in the future for a good profit will form part of Ashworth’s thinking too. Would expect a couple of frees to come in this summer.

Sound business thinking. In a totally hypocritical fashion though, Ashley was a shitbird when he did it…

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

Sound business thinking. In a totally hypocritical fashion though, Ashley was a shitbird when he did it…

The problem with Ashley is that either:

1. we targeted players who were poor-quality or at an age where you wouldn’t expect a great return in a future sale

2. putting them in an awful coaching set-up where they wouldn’t develop sufficiently.

Cant really remember us signing many players on a free mind.

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Does anyone think we may keep Hayden for defensive mid, if we can't get what we want in the window he's limited but should be decent enough. 

Absolutely not

19 minutes ago, andycap said:

Does anyone think we may keep Hayden for defensive mid, if we can't get what we want in the window he's limited but should be decent enough. 

He's spent most of this season on the treatment table.

Brighton are so impressive man. My goodness. Getting things done nice and early.

Guess it makes sense as they expect to lose Mac Allister very soon after the season ends.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Feel like Brighton are shooting their shot this Summer. Rather than signing unknowns they mould into world beaters, they're adding some established nous to go alongside what they already have. 

Yeah, they're likely to be in Europe and so I think it makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

De Zerbi is intensely competitive and has been attracting interest back in Italy so it feels like strong early moves to persuade him to stay. 

Seems like he's quite happy to stay from what I've been reading. The Prem is the place to be right now, and with how well he's done at Brighton, likely getting them into Europe, at least one more year there makes a lot of sense.

Apparently that Mahmoud Dahoud is someone he tried to sign for Sassuolo when he was in charge there. He's also apparently trying to sign one of his players from Sassuolo for Brighton too, in Davide Frattesi.

Doesn't seem like he's even going to be leaving anytime soon.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Seems like he's quite happy to stay from what I've been reading. The Prem is the place to be right now, and with how well he's done at Brighton, likely getting them into Europe, at least one more year there makes a lot of sense.

Apparently that Mahmoud Dahoud is someone he tried to sign for Sassuolo when he was in charge there. He's also apparently trying to sign one of his players from Sassuolo for Brighton too, in Davide Frattesi.

Doesn't seem like he's even going to be leaving anytime soon.

:thup:

He had a presser a few weeks ago where he said he'd need to speak to the owner about future plans (think it was a question from a reporter about next season and squad depth) and was a bit vague. They've looked to be making moves ever since.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Any chance we prefer him over Diaby? I was looking at their numbers and he looks much better defensively in comparison to Diaby, which could be a big factor due to the way we press.

image.thumb.png.96006fc9008072c65cd796879d70dc14.png

image.thumb.png.f88861f301ec91357c9c4c4f9c74f0c9.png

Mainly on the left isnt he? We need the finished article on the right side (and left for that matter) for the next signing.

Seeing how Brighton are getting their business done early is very impressive. Identifying targets, going after them aggressively, knowing exactly what they want to do. Given Dan Ashworth's influence on proceedings there, I suspect we'll be doing similar, though I think we've identified several really top-level candidates. We're going to have to wait a bit on them until we know where we're going to play next year. 

Once we know for sure about next season, I'd expect a couple of "out of the blue" signings to be announced very quickly - we would have been lining them up for months, mind you.

Edited by Memphis

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Mainly on the left isnt he? We need the finished article on the right side (and left for that matter) for the next signing.

He's left footed and is comfortable on either side if you look at where he has played over his career, also played a fair bit as a second striker and even sometimes up front.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's left footed and is comfortable on either side if you look at where he has played over his career, also played a fair bit as a second striker and even sometimes up front.

Dont find any reason why we should go him over Diaby