Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I think it’s very unrealistic, and people are setting themselves up for disappointment, expecting 2 starting 11 players to walk through the door.

When has ANY team ever had a perfect window and solved all of their problems at once?

I’m at the stage where I’m expecting a CM on loan and that’s all. And that would represent a very solid 2nd transfer window.

True - but I think the owners see opportunity this season and there will be funds available. I think it's all about if the right player becomes available

I would honestly say N-O is a better source of transfers than Luke Edwards and I know for an absolute fact that some posters on here (not me) could write more eloquently than him 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

We are probably going to struggle to sign him if Liverpool are after him, especially as midfield is probably the area which they are looking to bolster.

Liverpool won’t panic when it comes to transfers. They’ve set up a great system where they identify a target and have it all set up and agreed well in advance when it comes to replacing players in certain positions.

A couple of short term injuries won’t make them deviate from that.

1 minute ago, duo said:

I have to admit - I am surprised we've not put our hat in the ring for Lodi if he's available on a loan.  Nice bit of squad depth right there.

The issue is he’d want to be playing more often than not, I’m sure we’ve already given those sort of guarantees to Targett already.

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wish Paqueta would just sign for West Ham now so I can draw a line under any grains of hope I have that we'll hijack it.

:lol:  we have no interest in signing him I think that’s pretty clear 

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Only one of the Chelsea loans with been linked with who I'd really want is Pulisic

Gallagher is OK but not seeing the hype with him me

Seems like half the Premier league clubs are after Chelsea players tbh, not to mention clubs in Germany. Not even sure if one of them will arrive here since Chelsea probably see us as an emerging threat.

If Ajax won't sell us Alvarez, then you would like to think there must be a viable alternative out there who could do a similar job. It's a hole in our squad IMO, I know you can play Bruno there, but I still think he'd be better alongside a true DM.

50 minutes ago, TRon said:

We are probably going to struggle to sign him if Liverpool are after him, especially as midfield is probably the area which they are looking to bolster.

Chat is they’ve got agreement on Bellingham.

I dont think we necessarily need a pure DM in there. Get a dynamic and strong box to box player that is good technically and tidy on the ball and we would have tons more options tactically. I’m thinking of someone like Seko Fofana or similar who I have mentioned before. Would be the perfect fit.

Having said that, I wouldn’t mind say Maddison and a more defensive minded CM but it’s just not gonna happen. This is not a reply to the post above.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Chat is they’ve got agreement on Bellingham.

So that means their interest in Laimer has cooled? We certainly need some quality in that area, but if we're still going to nip in last minute for Paqueta or Maddison, I can understand if we are holding back on this one.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

So that means their interest in Laimer has cooled? We certainly need some quality in that area, but if we're still going to nip in last minute for Paqueta or Maddison, I can understand if we are holding back on this one.

That’s the hope unless they are looking for more than one - not outside the realms of possibility with Thiago’s injury record and Henderson / Milner’s ages.

It feels like we might have left it a bit too late to get two players in. Or at least risking it being too late. Fingers crossed that we haven’t and can get the two deals done. I’m talking a midfielder and a  wide forward. Gonna be an intense week.

10 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

We may very well have plenty of options all lined up. The last week of the window is not a new thing, and a whole system has grown around it. So it's not unrealistic to think we could sign 1-3 players on the last day, purely because all the leg-work has been done in the previous weeks. 

Yeah I'd be surprised if we don't make a couple more signings, things should hot up as the deadline approaches.