Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Jorginho would be an absolutely brilliant signing.

However, it just doesn’t make any sense from a financial perspective, he would be on significantly more than our highest earners.

Not to mention he’s already 31, and the owners have already stated they want to bring the squad age down.

32 minutes ago, LV said:

Sell Bruno now and you rip the heart and soul out of the team and throw away all that the club have been building.

We won’t do that. 

If it was all howes decision and he chooses to keep him then I back that decision, same as if he decides to sell him.

Tielemans could be excellent but that leicester teams mentality has to be questioned a bit? Their midfield looked weak as piss. Would definitely take though if our scouts reckon he's a good egg. 

Jorginho may make some sense in that bring in a veteran that sometimes helps teams but can't see us paying his wages. He would bring some slow possession keeping to take sting out of games

25 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Not to mention he’s already 31, and the owners have already stated they want to bring the squad age down.

He's another one though, is he going to get £200k a week elsewhere? If he comes here on £100-120k with just the signing-on fee on a 2-3 year deal then it's a great deal. See loads when these types are linked where people say we'll not pay what he's on now, that's probably true but if a lot of clubs will say similar so he might have to accept a lower wage.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's another one though, is he going to get £200k a week elsewhere? If he comes here on £100-120k with just the signing-on fee on a 2-3 year deal then it's a great deal. See loads when these types are linked where people say we'll not pay what he's on now, that's probably true but if a lot of clubs will say similar so he might have to accept a lower wage.

If he’s 34 when his potential contract with us expires, it means we’ll be wasting money on an aged player who is keeping a better younger player out of the team. I’m all for wise old heads in the team/squad (Trippier etc), but can’t see that level of leadership from Jorginho to justify the wages/age etc. 

24 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Never had much interest in Tielemans tbh. Jorginho would fill the Bruno role perfectly if we wanted to push him back into the 8 role though.

Chelsea fans absolutely despise him like but they seem to hate all of their players and managers all the time.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it’s a £100k a week deal for 2.5 years and about a £10m fee then it’s ideal.

Anything higher than that ballpark and I don’t think we’d be interested.

Howe's talked a lot about getting the average age of the squad down so I'd be surprised to see a 31-year old pitch up.

That said, if we're shedding Shelvey, Dummett, Ritchie & Gillespie in the next 6 months he might want to add one more experienced head, two or three younger ones and he's still then got the average down.

Jorginho though, personally I don't see it. Our midfield are high-energy and he's very much a "metronome" player.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Getting a young player of Jorginho’s ability would cost like £40m+, with no Premiership experience.

Which we’d have to purchase anyway in 2 or 3 years time when Jorginho retires or can’t play anymore. Or else we can get a player for cheaper with the potential of Jorginho and develop him to fit our style and ethos. 

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Howe's talked a lot about getting the average age of the squad down so I'd be surprised to see a 31-year old pitch up.

That said, if we're shedding Shelvey, Dummett, Ritchie & Gillespie in the next 6 months he might want to add one more experienced head, two or three younger ones and he's still then got the average down.

Jorginho though, personally I don't see it. Our midfield are high-energy and he's very much a "metronome" player.

Other than Trippier we're going to have very little experience of Champions League football in the squad if that's where we're aiming. Someone like Jorginho could be perfect for a couple of years. I know Botman and Bruno and one or two others have had a season in it but we're raw on experience in terms of challenging for European positions in this league and playing at that level consistently. Our current players in the experienced bracket don't have that sort of high level experience so as you say, if we're getting shot of 3-4 of those, the odd one or two like Jorginho will be great to add.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I don't take much notice of the media reports, the likes of Hope and co were adamant that there was restricted money the last two windows and didn't have a clue when the Isak signing happened. It will be much the same this window also. 

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Other than Trippier we're going to have very little experience of Champions League football in the squad if that's where we're aiming. Someone like Jorginho could be perfect for a couple of years. I know Botman and Bruno and one or two others have had a season in it but we're raw on experience in terms of challenging for European positions in this league and playing at that level consistently. Our current players in the experienced bracket don't have that sort of high level experience so as you say, if we're getting shot of 3-4 of those, the odd one or two like Jorginho will be great to add.

Jorginho is a good player in the right system where they play a patient passing game like Chelsea, but I just don’t think he’s suited to Howes pressing/fitness game. Experience counts for nothing unless he would pass that on to the younger players like Trippier does- just can’t see that leadership/senior player role in him to justify the signing. 

“The Italian, 31, has six months left on his deal and the Blues are reluctant to negotiate fresh terms. 

That has alerted Newcastle, with insiders seeing the rationale in bringing in a player of experience in a deep-lying role, especially if a relatively minimal fee could be agreed.”

If there’s truth in this and Howe’s on board, I’ve got no doubt he’d be quality for a season or three. Massive “if”, though.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I don't take much notice of the media reports, the likes of Hope and co were adamant that there was restricted money the last two windows and didn't have a clue when the Isak signing happened. It will be much the same this window also. 

I’m here for your hatred of the media each transfer window ?