Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

37 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Matheus Franca sounds like a goer and their fans don't seem too happy. Sounds like it might be a steal as well. 15m rising to 18m (euros) if numbers are to be believed.

The fans say  he's the kid with the most potential since Vinicius J. They feel that he's being donated if the price is as low as below.

Not gonna start a thread just quite yet. Even though i've seen them started for less. Think this is only a matter of days. Sounds like a brilliant signing IF it happens.

lalala GIF by Offspring on TEN

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Don’t know enough about him to comment but it is refreshing to see the club starting to think strategically about replacing older players by phasing in younger replacements rather than just doling out 3 year deals to 30+ year olds. Scarred by giving an ageing Dwight Gayle a new contract.

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Isn’t the crack this January Man U and the Glazers aren’t going to part with any serious money because they’re close to a sale?

Don’t think they’re close. Plus I also don’t think it’s a sale, but ‘investment’ coming in- if at all. Using it as a possible reason not to spend though, aye. (Then they’ll probably splash £100m to keep the fans onside). 

Edited by Manxst

I think people take the pressing thing a bit far tbh, not every player in the side needs to be a Joelinton like juggernaut. Shelvey slotted into the side perfectly fine last season, when we relied even more on our off the ball work to win games.

Reading Shed End Jorginho seems a bit like a Brazilian (Italian) Jordan Henderson anyway, in that managers love him but he isn’t flashy enough for fans. Bit of a monster defensively despite his shortcomings physically (like Bruno) and tends to keep it tidy rather than hit Hollywood balls.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

From the moment I heard the Jorginho rumours I've been absolutely against it. However thinking about it a little more overnight there is a scenario where I think a player like him is valuable to our squad.

1. He needs to be a free signing, that lessens the blow slighty.

2. Shelvey would have to have left. Would seem ridiculous to have both of them in our squad when our whole system is based on intensity and pressing.

3. We'd need to be competing in Europe (I'm all for positivity, but it's not guaranteed yet)

4. His wages can't be stretching beyond our current highest earner. I wouldn't be against him coming in as joint highest if that's an absolute deal break but definitely no more.

All of these would have to be true for me to be happy to see him signing. Obviously if he does, anything could happen and he may well do fantastic here but I'm sceptical. 

I agree with all of this.  He would be a big upgrade on Shelvey.  He would allow Bruno to move up to an 8 when required. 

Most importantly it would give us someone who can evade the press and distribute the ball when Bruno inevitably misses some games. Him in and Shelvey out would be a massive improvement - whether he is up to the high fitness pressing Howe requires I'm not sure, but he can't be any worse than Shelvey in that respect.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Don’t think they’re close. Plus I also don’t think it’s a sale, but ‘investment’ coming in- if at all. Using it as a possible reason not to spend though, aye. (Then they’ll probably splash £100m to keep the fans onside). 

David Ornstein was on NBC last night and he said it will be a full sale and they are aiming for Q1 2023 for completion, so the Glazers won’t be spending much in Jan.

3 minutes ago, NWMag said:

David Ornstein was on NBC last night and he said it will be a full sale and they are aiming for Q1 2023 for completion, so the Glazers won’t be spending much in Jan.

Fair enough- I didn’t think that was the case (but what do I know? Lol!). 8 or 9bn was the full sale price I thought- wonder who would be able to do that? 

I don't think I could handle Jorginho purely for how much of an insufferable prick he seems to be on the pitch. I'm confident in saying his 90 minute whinging act wouldn't become one of those 'but he's our insufferable prick :aww:' moments for me.

Edited by wormy

18 hours ago, mikejaxer said:

Oh are we still doing the thing where we post this cunt's tweets even though no one likes him?

I find myself shouting, only in my head thankfully, ‘Luuuukkke’ whenever I read his name. Which, perhaps equally oddly,  was also a chant I tried to get going, unsuccessfully (probs ‘cause he was shite), when the de Jong of that name came on against the Makems way back when. 

Great thing about having Bruno is we can sign either a 6 or an 8 and know Bruno will be dynamite in the other position.

If we do sign a holding midfielder and push Bruno forward then for me it's imperative that the new player offers the same passing ability from deep that Bruno does. Hugely important to how we've played this year IMO.

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Great thing about having Bruno is we can sign either a 6 or an 8 and know Bruno will be dynamite in the other position.

If we do sign a holding midfielder and push Bruno forward then for me it's imperative that the new player offers the same passing ability from deep that Bruno does. Hugely important to how we've played this year IMO.

100%. I still don’t really want us to sign a holder unless they have a tremendous engine and can cover side to side (essentially making up for displacing Longstaff/Willock/Joelinton’s legs) in exchange for Bruno further up field.