In terms of outgoings, we’re probably looking at:

Karius 

Fraser

Ritchie

Lewis

Manquillo

Anderson (on loan)

Kuol (on loan)

I’m sure the club want Karius to stay. His loan ends at the end of this month, so we’ll soon know.

5 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

In terms of outgoings, we’re probably looking at:

Karius 

Fraser

Ritchie

Lewis

Manquillo

Anderson (on loan)

Kuol (on loan)

Doubt that many. Ritchie seemed to get his goodbye send off last few mins against Leicester. The loans might happen but can only see one in one out unless out of both cups before the window is closed.

The thing with transfers and where we are in the league means we have to continue to grow in order to keep up with the rest - I mean as it stands, we are 3 top quality players short - it’s only the brilliant coaching and the level of form from the players that’s keeping us so high - you add 3 quality players and you are right amongst the top group - you then use that basis to solidify your squad with further quality to give you greater tactical flexibility.

Stating the obvious I know - we are close to something special… 

We definitely need another able quality striker who perhaps can play other roles or positions and a midfielder who can maybe do likewise, that and some young development players. I think we’ll spend money on one or two. I’d love for us to sign Maddison as he can play central midfield, as a 10 and wide right in a tight midfield 3 or four. Plus he can play much deeper too like Shelvey does for us. As for a striker, I wouldn’t have a clue as to who we may get or could be available/attainable. He’s a big name I know, but I wouldn’t say no to Depay, rumours are he will be made available. I can see us looking at spending some money and loan deals rather than going and spending another 100m + mind.

3 hours ago, SteV said:

When was the last time Chelsea sold a genuinely established member of their squad to another PL team, and it worked out well for the buying club?

Nathan Aké. :lol: (wasn't really established though, your point stands!)

If PIF decide to go all in this window and FFP allows it I wouldn’t be surprised if we did make a move for Enzo Fernandez, much will depend on who’s got the best part of 100 million to spend this Jan. It may sound fanciful but the stars could align on a deal like this as don’t see Madrid, Mancs or scousers paying that for him this window. They may all be keeping their powder dry for a run at Bellingham in the summer. Who else bar the above clubs could afford him at the minute. He fits the profile and PIF may see him as poster signing after the World Cup.

A more likely outcome I feel is someone like Kone from Gladbach arriving alongside a couple of wonder kids from South America. This would certainly keep us moving in the right direction and allow us to free up Bruno if that’s what Howe wants. Unlocking tight defences at SJP in the run in will be our biggest challenge.