Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Out of those 4 Tielemans is the most likely for this window, knows the PL and would slot right into our side without having to be eased in for long. The questions are how is he mentally? Personally? I think it’s unlikely they sell as his contract is up in the summer, wouldn’t be suprised if the player wants to wait and secure himself a better signing on fee than he would now if a transfer fee was involved.

I can’t see us signing a starting 11 player from outside the PL this window.

Edited by Nine

21 minutes ago, Nine said:

wouldn’t be suprised if the player wants to wait and secure himself a better signing on fee than he would now if a transfer fee was involved.

Yep, I'm pretty convinced Tielemans and his agent have decided to wait till the Summer to get a huge signing on payday. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep, I'm pretty convinced Tielemans and his agent have decided to wait till the Summer to get a huge signing on payday. 

Couldn't blame him if he does this. Looking at the CMs of some of the top clubs, he'll have a lot of takers.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Couldn't blame him if he does this. Looking at the CMs of some of the top clubs, he'll have a lot of takers.

Liverpool would surely be in for him, with their aging midfield and the fact he’s on a free to go with the notion they can’t compete financially with transfer fees. 

There was a clip doing the rounds of Tielemans absolutely blowing out of his arse trying to track back v Forest.

He's a top player and could be excellent as one of our number eights, but I don't see him as a six (or a four if you prefer) going forward. I guess it depends what we're looking for. He's still be a great option at a knock down price. 

Both Chelsea and spuds don't want him anymore so now Everton are frantically trying to find a buyer.

Id take him for a swap of Fraser & Wood.   That would be it though. No direct cash for him. 

Guest reefatoon

Gordon is far too fucking ugly to even contemplate signing. The sheer magnitude of his monstrosity of a dish would leave us guaranteed relegation fodder.

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There was a clip doing the rounds of Tielemans absolutely blowing out of his arse trying to track back v Forest.

He's a top player and could be excellent as one of our number eights, but I don't see him as a six (or a four if you prefer) going forward. I guess it depends what we're looking for. He's still be a great option at a knock down price. 

Id see him as one of the front 2 in a 4-3-3 midfield as well, physically he’s probably not there to sit behind as the 4 or 6 but he has enough to actively press and come wide to provide cover for the full backs/forwards when needed. I’m not sure how well he fits into a 4-2-3-1 though which to me might be the favoured formation we go to long term.

He’d be useful in place of Longstaff/Willock especially though, not saying that he’d definitely perform better than either of those in our system but he’d be a great option.

Edited by Nine

Aye, based on reporting it sounds like we can expect a full back and a midfielder by the end of the window.

I found it interesting that during his interview with Sky, Ashworth said that we already know what we want to do in the summer. I wonder if we're seeing if it's possible to bring any of that forward.