Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Have to say, speaking as someone who's not too fond of our "supporters" constantly disparaging our own less adored players, it's wierd reading people turning their noses up at the likes Gordon and McTomanay. 

Then I have a think about it, and where we are. The likes of those 2 don't improve us. Improve the squad but not the starting 11 plus 1

Cause they are not good players. Gordon is a cunt that cant even play with heart for his so called adored club, speed merchant that lost all his speed, nothing else to show for it. McTomanay is a manu reject in the purest form, getting carried by the rest of his team and brings fuck all to the table that we dont have in "lesser" players already. We should be aiming WAY higher then those two.

But as one of those that disparage some of our lesser players. Its just during the heat of the game for me, honestly. Its hard to see the skill drop so dramatically between the players and frustration just gets the best of, well at least me. Forum/yelling is one way to get rid of said frustration.

EDIT: Didn't take the whole thing i wrote...

Edited by worthy

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, based on reporting it sounds like we can expect a full back and a midfielder by the end of the window.

I found it interesting that during his interview with Sky, Ashworth said that we already know what we want to do in the summer. I wonder if we're seeing if it's possible to bring any of that forward. 

What we are wanting to do and will be able to do may not be the same thing 

Would have snapped your hand off for Tielemans a year ago, maybe even 6 months ago but he has been so poor for a while now , if that's due to him wanting a move then you have to question his attitude, not sure he is the type of player/ character we should be signing. 

Edited by Geogaddi

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Gordon is far too fucking ugly to even contemplate signing. The sheer magnitude of his monstrosity of a dish would leave us guaranteed relegation fodder.

Id sooner see an actual rat turn out for us. 

It might have been on the Athletic, but by all accounts, Tielemans is a down to earth family man.

He's a fantastic footballer and would be an asset at progressing and developing our play in the final third. It's worth bearing in mind, Howe is capable of taking his game up a notch as well.

While it seems his downturn in form is in line with the form of his club, I think the major concerns are his engine and athleticism. If he's coming in to replace Bruno, Willock or Joe, he's going to be asked to press at intensity. Howe and the recruitment team will know if he's capable of that or not. I'd imagine if they can get Shelvey grafting, they can get Tielemans doing the same.

Edited by The Prophet

Not that I seen him much but most of the time Gordan hasn’t been that good. Seen him cause some problems in some games but the prices being quoted to Chelsea seemed a bit excessive but that could be due to Chelsea tax, he seems a bit of a hot head who gets involved in stuff that he doesn’t need to.

I would be more open minded to McTominay especially as we are so light in CM.

Ultimately I guess if Howe was in favour of signing them I would trust him. Hasn’t made a mistake in the market yet to be fair..

Edited by Tisd09

1 minute ago, Tisd09 said:

Not that I seen him much but most of the time Gordan hasn’t been that good. Seen him cause some problems in some games but the prices being quoted to Chelsea seemed a bit excessive but that could be due to Chelsea tax, he seems a bit of a hot head who gets involved in stuff that he doesn’t need to.

Ultimately I guess if Howe was in favour of signing them I would trust him. Hasn’t made a mistake in the market yet to be fair..

I mean, it's easy to argue that he has.

Of the three where would  you place them on the Chris Wood Transfer Rating Scale?

1. Rubbish player never wanted him

2. average player but Eddie could work his magic.

3. Don't rate him... But when we sign him, I will pretend he has always been quality?

1. McSauce 2. Gordon, 3. Tielemans

23 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

Wood was 100% a mistake.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Does Tielemans do well in pressing and defensive stats? I can't see us signing anyone who doesn't. 

Edit: He does alright on tackles and interceptions, but he does get dribbled past a lot. 

If he gets dribbled past a lot his tackling can't be good? :lol:

20 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I mean, it's easy to argue that he has.

I’m assuming you mean Wood. He did a job last season and played a part in keeping us up IMO, he hasn’t contributed much this season but I wouldn’t call Wood a mistake when we needed a striker last season. It could have been a choice between Wood or nobody??

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wood was 100% a mistake.

Once again, for the dunces at the back. 

We were relegation fodder 

New owners, new manager knew we needed a striker or it was Gayle*

We went out, early doors, paid a release clause for an experienced striker as a cushion just in case. Then went looking for a better one which didn't happen. 

One of the earliest signs that the ownership/manager both meant business AND were prepared to fork out. 

Guess what, thickos? It worked. 

100% NOT a mistake. 

* no disrespect to Gayle 

Edited by Groundhog63

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wood was 100% a mistake.

Absolute garbage.

He was overpriced, of course, but we knew and accepted that.

He was brought in to achieve a specific objective (helping us stay in the league), which he achieved with flying colours.

Anything useful he does subsequently, like scoring the winner in a League Cup match (that’s then seen us make the semi final), or scoring at Southampton and Leicester, is simply a bonus, aside from the less obvious stuff around his tactical performance.

He’s not good enough for where we want to get to, and he’ll be phased out soon enough, but he’s done his job to enable us to get there. Money well spent.

Don't know why people have such an issue admitting Wood was a bad signing. His stats speak for themselves. It's possible to think Howe is doing God's work, whilst admitting he made one stinker of a signing. All good managers have their flops.

Edited by Skeletor

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Don't know why people have such an issue admitting Wood was a bad signing. His stats speak for themselves.

I think people who criticise the signing have a habit of forgetting the circumstances around. 

It was a panic buy. 

I can see both sides of the argument with Wood.

No doubt he is poor. His pressing and off the ball work are commendable, but he his goal scoring instincts and finishing are total gash.

That said, we bought him because he was a quick, hassle free buy to give us an option up top at a time we had no striker. He was then part of side that went on an incredible run to dodge relegation.

Given the latter you could argue he was £25 million well spent, even if he has no use going forward.

I'd hazard a guess that its because people genuinely don't think he was a bad signing and don't feel the need to admit to anything. 

£25m was too much obviously, in that sense it's a bad signing, but his impact on the team at the time was pretty clear to see at the time imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus