Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

So If he'd skinned and eaten his cat it would have been fine? Really don't think the motivate matters to the victim tbh. Either animal cruelty is acceptable or it isn't. Can't have double standards and hypocrisy just to suit ourselves and our selfish needs.

Not quite the point I was getting at...the law/punishment shouldn't be any different just because he's slightly famous.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Richarlison charged with improper conduct after throwing a flare into the crowd at Goodison vs Chelsea on 1st May

:lol: 

Nothing suspicious about why he wasn’t charged right away, of course…

Just now, Dancing Brave said:

This year's Community Shield match between Manchester City and Liverpool will be held at Leicester's King Power Stadium on 30 July.

So what's the reasoning for that?

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I had a mate who worked one day at an Abbatoir and couldn’t hack it. He wasn’t a shrinking violet either. Not to cast aspersions on your step brother but I really do think you need to have some sort of sociopathic tendencies to work in those places long term (stifler )

So much wrong with this statement in terms of mental conditions but not going in to that

Consider it next time you tuck into a steak, or goto McDonalds etc...if it's not enough to make you leave it or walk out then it's not enough of an issue to be a problem.

Someone has to work in abbatoirs....doesn't make them scociopaths

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Someone has to work in abbatoirs....doesn't make them scociopaths

Obviously not, but it definitely takes a certain kind of person that's for sure.

People will eat meat knowing fine well where it came from, doesn't mean they could work in an abbatoir slicing carcasses up.

Just now, ManDoon said:

How do you mean? Your literal job is to inflict death on a mass scale, every single day. It’s not like the animals don’t cry out/get scared. I think you have to be very clearly lacking empathy to not feel bad about it?

don’t really know what you mean about McDonald’s and I don’t eat meat. There’s a reason it’s hidden from public view. 

And what about researchers who conduct animal testing and kill hundreds of animals a day to prove safety of products and medicinal drugs? Are they sociopaths too?

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

If someone put a bolt through a dog’s head, would you consider them sound of mind? 

That would be animal cruelty to them...animal cruelty only seems to apply to cats and dogs In this country though.

32 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I had a mate who worked one day at an Abbatoir and couldn’t hack it. He wasn’t a shrinking violet either. Not to cast aspersions on your step brother but I really do think you need to have some sort of sociopathic tendencies to work in those places long term (stifler )

He's a few stamps short of a free coffee and he's seen some serious shit in his life, but even he didn't stay there that long like. 

Guest HTT II

I love my meat and fish, but I do feel guilty because I know some poor animal will have been mostly inumanley killed if there is even a humane way to kill an animal. But I love Sharks and what they do to seals… We are top of the food chain!

We definitely need to come up with a better system. I was in Kenya a few years back and saw goats and chickens have their throats cut there and then and then stripped, chopped up and cooked ready for our ‘feast’, the meat was delicious, but the experience traumatic. I’ve been experimenting with veganism at the moment and it’s going OK so far, I’d like to think going forward I’ll eat less meat and fish.

19 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There’s much worse out there, but I think a rational human response would be guilt, I certainly think that’s what most people would feel. 

I feel guilt that my steak isn’t big enough some times, does that count? 

The horse meat thing was the maddest like. It just goes to show how strong the boundaries we set are. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again like, make veganism as accessible as eating meat and I'll make the jump like. I'm half way there and eat meat less than I used to anyway, the food is sensational now as well. 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I love my meat and fish, but I do feel guilty because I know some poor animal will have been mostly inumanley killed if there is even a humane way to kill an animal. But I love Sharks and what they do to seals… We are top of the food chain!

We definitely need to come up with a better system. I was in Kenya a few years back and saw goats and chickens have their throats cut there and then and then stripped, chopped up and cooked ready for our ‘feast’, the meat was delicious, but the experience traumatic. I’ve been experimenting with veganism at the moment and it’s going OK so far, I’d like to think going forward I’ll eat less meat and fish.

Veggie heads seem to forget or ignore the fact that there 1000s of rodents culled when growing and processing fruits and vegetables, also let’s not forget the amount of insects that are also wiped out for their food, guess it only counts though when it’s a cow/pig/chicken 

Edited by nufcnick

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Veggie heads seem to forget or ignore the fact that there 1000s of rodents culled when growing and processing fruits and vegetables, also let’s not forget the amount of insects that are also wiped out for their food, guess it only counts though when it’s a cow/pig/chicken 

Or the male chicks that are immediately killed in the egg industry, or the way cows are treated for milk. 

Tbf, I don't think anyone should be criticised anyway because it's more or less impossible to live an unhypocritical life - even vegans choosing soya are 'guilty' of funding deforestation. It's all a micro-consumerist distraction, if you're doing your best you're doing your best, if you're not you're not. Either way it's not the level at which change will make any difference beyond your own conscience. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

45 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Fuck off.

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It isn't really a food chain though is it when the animals are just being bred into captivity then slaughtered. You could argue we were part of the food chain if we were hunting the animals in the wild but for factory farming it doesnt really work.

Guest HTT II

We are all hypocrites, we buy snide stuff from China, we buy Nike from sweat shops, we support a SA owned club. Like fuck will I go hungry though, for no animal. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

It isn't really a food chain though is it when the animals are just being bred into captivity then slaughtered. You could argue we were part of the food chain if we were hunting the animals in the wild but for factory farming it doesnt really work.

That’s what impresses me when on my travels, people generally farm in order to live, provide food for their family or say in Kenya the restaurant we went to, they would use live stock there and there, not processed, manufactured or massively farmed stock. Different worlds, different strokes, different beefs…

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Or the male chicks that are immediately killed in the egg industry, or the way cows are treated for milk. 

Tbf, I don't think anyone should be criticised anyway because it's more or less impossible to live an unhypocritical life - even vegans choosing soya are 'guilty' of funding deforestation. It's all a micro-consumerist distraction, if you're doing your best you're doing your best, if you're not you're not. Either way it's not the level at which change will make any difference beyond your own conscience. 

Exactly, if we suddenly stopped eating animals and switched to a vegan/vegetarian diet, there would be millions, if not over a billion deaths due to there being not enough food to go around, the switch would lead to even more deforestation due to the need for more space for agriculture, veggie heads don’t really consider that though and are probably happier for a human to die through malnutrition than to let someone eat an animal. 

Edited by nufcnick