Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

For us, Paul Brayson? He was massively hyped for years!

Played with and against him and he was massively overrated, very quick and quite clinical, but little else. Thought he was the dogs bollocks at school and after a few kickings the club wrote to the school (Rutherford) to say he could no longer play footy which he did as he loved playing. Nice lad mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

Had KK not taken over and Ozzie stayed, I think he would have eventually made a good few appearances for us and maybe scored a few as again the lad could finish, but KK had massive ambition and couldn’t rely on youth to take us to the level he wanted to go. That said, he had nowhere near the talent Clark, Watson, Elliott et al had.

Guest Howaythetoon

Adriano - looked a beast of a striker when he was at Parma, and a couple of years at Inter. 

Him and Drogba were surely the first of the complete forwards of the modern era.

He was a beast, but had serious mental health issues. Was all left footed from, what I remember.

Someone who was massively hyped at the time, Rebrov, he went to Spurs and didn’t really cut it. Same with the Danish lad whose name escaped me. Didn’t they have a French lad who was also massively hyped and didn’t make it?

Guest firetotheworks

There's been a fair few times I've thought that Souness was ready to deck him like. [emoji38] You can tell he doesn't like him. He's totally shit like, he offers nothing.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of frequent pundits I genuinely like; most are just meh (the likes of Jenas, Kilbane, Henry) whilst the rest are either irritating or prone to some absolute bullshit. Redknapp's in the irritating category, like - just whitters on talking shite.

Guest firetotheworks

Since we're on the subject I need to say just how much I dislike Danny Murphy. Talks absolute crap.

I like Lee Dixon. Seems to do more American stuff these days it seems? Keown's quite good too.

Danny Murphy's improved hugely imo. Used to be the pundit I liked the least, but I can't remember the last time he came out with anything I've disagreed with. Shearer with Wright and/or Murphy work really well together as well. Lampard and Rio are sound most of the time as well and both Jake Humphries and Gary Linekar ask the right sort of questions. I've massively gone off Gary Neville like, I think he's getting left behind a bit now and consistently shows his lack of knowledge about Newcastle.

Can't stand Jake Humphries! Obnoxious prick. Always has been, ever since he was on my TV as a kid. Ruined CBBC for me  :huff: 

Not too many pundits around stand out to be easy to listen too/watch, and generally offer something interesting to say. I don't find Jermaine Jenas too annoying. Liam Rosenior speaks quite a bit of sense when he's been on The Debate. As said Ferdinand, Lampard are decent enough, stick McManaman in there too from BT.

Don't see enough of Roy Keane, always liked him.

Chris Sutton used to boil my p*ss, not so much now. Robbie Savage has his moments, but generally repeats stuff that others have just said.

Paul Ince, Michael Owen, Dion Dublin, Geoff Shreeves, Dennis Wise, Craig Bellamy are all fully fledged w*****s though.

Can't remember his name, but was a Welsh coach previously at Stoke with Hughes on the Debate the other day - thought he was a stand out knobhead.