Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

Except reality is the complete opposite of what you just described.

Not at all... playing hard and showing desire isn't the same thing as playing well.

You'll have hustle. You won't have composure and control.

I'm not talking about hustle alone. They absolutely tend to be far more compact and defensively stout against teams who can move the ball and score. Whether it's good enough is another question, but some of the best performances of the past few years have come from defend-and-counter play against top teams.

It's matches against teams like Honduras, Jamaica, etc., when the U.S. opens up a bit and tries to take the game to them, where they start to play sloppier football. Far more prone to defensive errors especially against teams like that.

Playing Germany last may save your asses.

Draw your first two games while the Germans win their first two.

That means Germany has 1st place in the bag with a game to go, with the US sitting pretty in 2nd place with two points. A win in your last game against Germany will assure qualification. Germany, with nothing to play for, plays their reserves... who are all fucking immense...

I'm not sure where I was going with this.

Playing Germany last may save your asses.

Draw your first two games while the Germans win their first two.

That means Germany has 1st place in the bag with a game to go, with the US sitting pretty in 2nd place with two points. A win in your last game against Germany will assure qualification. Germany, with nothing to play for, plays their reserves... who are all fucking immense...

I'm not sure where I was going with this.

:lol:

Except reality is the complete opposite of what you just described.

Not at all... playing hard and showing desire isn't the same thing as playing well.

You'll have hustle. You won't have composure and control.

I'm not talking about hustle alone. They absolutely tend to be far more compact and defensively stout against teams who can move the ball and score. Whether it's good enough is another question, but some of the best performances of the past few years have come from defend-and-counter play against top teams.

Good luck to England in their group. I'm not going to be some miserable fucking bastard and go into their thread and talk about the current state of their team. I hope both of our countries get through and try and make a shock run deep into the cup. Fuck off with this negativity.

Would be way cooler if it wasn't with some MLS scrub. Her and Bradley should be a thing.

She'd probably have trouble pushing it's head out. Might end up looking like Obertan :lol:

Yeah, they both played for Cal I think. I don't think I've actually ever seen him play a game, it's like he's a shitty figurehead.

Would be way cooler if it wasn't with some MLS scrub. Her and Bradley should be a thing.

She'd probably have trouble pushing it's head out. Might end up looking like Obertan :lol:

I'd like to believe Morgan's physical genes would take over. Pretty sure MB actually has a child with an equally attractive girl.