Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Constantly playing Johnson at fullback when he starts for a Champions League team on the wing is a crime. Just throw Yedlin or Chandler back there and get over it. Team needs a huge youth intake and Klinsmann has avoided it for years despite there being decent uncapped talent.

Could have used Landon last night.

:lol: Landon did love a bout with Mexico

His absence in the national team the past year just shows how important he was to the team, and how good of a player he really was.

Dempsey really looked out of it last night and I fear he's going to decline rapidly. We really need the likes of Zardes and Johannsson to step-up, see what guys like Wood and Agudelo are really about, and start bringing through some of the youngsters like Morris, Kiesewetter and Rubin (and Green when he gets his shit together) in a meaningful way.

I don't want to even talk about the U-23 team losing to fucking Honduras in Olympic qualifying, ffs.

If they are going to can Klinsmann (I don't think 'we' should) they need to can the older players (Dempsey, Jones and so on) as well. What should have happened after the WC was Klinsmann moving to a technical director (or something) and getting a new coach to work under him. Now the situation is probably too awkward for that.

Fucking US sucking when I need them to score twice.

Klinsmann should've had some balls and dumped Jones and Altidore. If he's not ever going to settle on a consistent starting XI, at least dump the retreads.