Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Smart move, especially if he plans to play outside of England for most of his career. England managers in general, but especially Southgate, seem to forget the likes of Tomori and Balogun exist. 

Tomori should file to switch to Canada imo

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

If you find an American name generator it’d probably only take about 5 spins before B.J. Callaghan popped up tbh

I've signed up for several credit cards with this name. 

3 hours ago, CaliMag said:

Puh-leeeeeez can we just hire Caleb Porter. Oh and FUCK the USSF with a chainsaw. 

Why are they so fucking bad at this? It took them forever to settle on Berhalter, too.

Why Caleb Porter? I feel like he's still trading off his early success in MLS. Truth is I'm not sure there's a standout candidate. Even Marsch is coming off an odd time at Leeds where his attempts to not look like Ted Lasso made him look exactly like Ted Lasso.

Porter never had the backing of the Timbers ownership and gave him less to work with than the traditional larger MLS clubs. Timbers and Thorns have had success in spite of their owners and management not because of them. Porter was fucking brilliant at Akron. He knows how to make things work with what he has. That is exactly the type Manager you want for a national team. 

Edited by CaliMag

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mike said:

What in the FUCK.

Was only joking ;) 

Jokes aside, I see why Gregg wants this job; the roster is good and there's a decent pool of talent that will be close to its prime come 2026, which is on home soil. Why the USMNT thought letting him sit in limbo just to rehire him was a good idea and in anyway inspiring is baffles me. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

What in the FUCK.

I interviewed Gregg’s kid after he scored his first career goal and one reporter said to the press box beforehand “I wonder what Gio thinks of this.” The silence was awkward