Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Germany will be fun

I predict all the German-Americans in the squad will defect at half time.

Whoa. There is no such thing. You're either American, or you're against us.

Or something like that.

That prelim Gold Cup roster is a wild clusterfuck of players. Based off that, I'd go:

Johnson

Gonzalez              Besler

Parkhurst                                      Castillo

Beckerman      Torres

Corona

Zusi                                Donovan

Gomez

Though I don't think there's any way we'll see Corona, Johnson or Torres starting, unfortunately.

Not bad. McInerney scored again tonight, he's gotta get a look if this keeps up. Want to see him, Gatt, Carona and Diskerud but there are too many old guys still hanging around.

This is the Gold Cup where we can mess around right, not the one that qualifies us for the Confederations Cup? Why not experiment with the roster some.

Not bad. McInerney scored again tonight, he's gotta get a look if this keeps up. Want to see him, Gatt, Carona and Diskerud but there are too many old guys still hanging around.

This is the Gold Cup where we can mess around right, not the one that qualifies us for the Confederations Cup? Why not experiment with the roster some.

:thup: Good shout, BC.

Wouldn't hurt to go gangbusters and select a young team, even if it resulted in a poorer showing.

Is Zusi going to Europe any time soon?

I'm not sure if he's a player who'd benefit from heading overseas. Strikes me as a pro-typical MLS player. I think he's definitely talented enough to play in a European league, but I'm not sure he's not just better suited to sticking around stateside.

:thup: Good shout, BC.

Wouldn't hurt to go gangbusters and select a young team, even if it resulted in a poorer showing.

Yup. Thats what we did in the 2009 gold cup. Got killed in the final by Mexico but it helped break in people like Holden, Goodson and others that would eventually be on the team. The 'good' players could use the time off anyways. We can send a good team to the 2015 one that actually matters.

The standard commentating line-up they trot out for U.S. games is woeful. Lalas is complete crap, Twellman is obnoxious, and Cobi Jones seems clueless. Keller is the only one I really enjoy.