Alexander Isak

Disco

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

This place is starting to become boring man. Every day Man U talk. Give Froggy his own sub forum so he can ruin every thread there as well.

Can’t help liking @Froggy’s posts, personally. Funny and intelligent, ardent defence of the, sometimes indefensible, football soap opera in the Metropolitan borough of Trafford.  And obviously holds a candle for his secret second footy love of this other United. 

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

This place is starting to become boring man. Every day Man U talk. Give Froggy his own sub forum so he can ruin every thread there as well.

Quote my posts from two years ago with a snarky comment and I shall indeed appear to shit in your cornflakes. 

There's a lesson to be had. 

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

He's like an unruly kid - constantly interrupting the adults' conversations... 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Can’t help liking @Froggy’s posts, personally. Funny and intelligent, ardent defence of the, sometimes indefensible, football soap opera in the Metropolitan borough of Trafford.  And obviously holds a candle for his secret second footy love of this other United. 

Cheers Johnny boy. Posts best taken with a pinch of salt. 

Martial was better than Isak in 22/23 though. Sorry about that KaKa. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Quote my posts from two years ago with a snarky comment and I shall indeed appear to shit in your cornflakes. 

There's a lesson to be had. 

Correct, the lesson is don't rush to comment because it might come back to bite you. 🐍 All the witty remarks or the arrogant replies won't hide the fact that you sir were wrong and should just hold up your hands 🙌 and admit that you made an error of judgement.

5 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

Correct, the lesson is don't rush to comment because it might come back to bite you. 🐍 All the witty remarks or the arrogant replies won't hide the fact that you sir were wrong and should just hold up your hands 🙌 and admit that you made an error of judgement.

You shouldn't hold back on posts because you've a fear of getting things wrong. Be who you want to be Tarie. If people try and use years old posts to "bite" you, it says more about them. 

Search my post history for the word Isak, and make your mind up how I think about him.

He did come out of Martial's shadow last season. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You shouldn't hold back on posts because you've a fear of getting things wrong. Be who you want to be Tarie. If people try and use years old posts to "bite" you, it says more about them. 

Search my post history for the word Isak, and make your mind up how I think about him.

He did come out of Martial's shadow last season

I 💯 percent agree with this, but when proved wrong one should just admit, but each to their own. 

On Martial, if that's your opinion then fine. You are entitled to it 👊.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Yeah he's really put Manchester United to the sword for example. We should be quivering in fear with his 0 goals and 0 assists against us, including one of the worst 45 mins I've seen in your most important game in forever. 

Half the guys goals are against Wolves, Brentford, West Ham, Forest and Sheffield United. 

He's good on the ball though. Definitely worth about £75m in this market. 

2 goals v City, 1 goal v Chelsea, 2 goals v Liverpool (and a 3rd wrongfully ruled offside), 4 goals against Spurs, 2 goals against Villa, 1 goal against PSG.

It’s a stupid argument anyway. Does scoring against “Wolves, Brentford, West Ham, Forest and Sheffield United” make him a worse player. Hoijlund, who btw is an absolutely invisible striker for the most part who took 4 months to score his first PL goal, has also scored against Wolves, West Ham and even Luton. Guess he’s terrible.

Judging Isak off his cup final appearance is wrong. He’d just come back after a 4 month layoff. Otherwise he’d have started and torn you to shreds. He’s better than anything you have by a country mile. 

33 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Cheers Johnny boy. Posts best taken with a pinch of salt. 

Martial was better than Isak in 22/23 though. Sorry about that KaKa. 

Martial came into the league and looked a handful right off the bat at what 19 years old?! I rated him very highly.

Not at all far fetched that he was arguably a more talented prospect than Isak, who took a little while longer to find his feet.

It's actually pretty impressive how badly you mismanaged Martial. Never even got as far as giving him a position to master and nail down, constantly shifting him between left wing and striker.

Terrible stuff.

Why do folks even bother :lol: Froggy is a decent poster at times (sometimes…) But the rest you can ignore. Don’t waste your energy. Froggy knows when he has genuine weight behind his talk, at times..

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Otherwise he’d have started and torn you to shreds. 

Based on? He's scored 0 and assisted 0 against Man United in 6 career appearances. 

Anyway, look forward to see how he gets on this season. Would have more fear of Gordon than Isak when we play. 

30 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Based on? He's scored 0 and assisted 0 against Man United in 6 career appearances. 

Anyway, look forward to see how he gets on this season. Would have more fear of Gordon than Isak when we play. 

The fact he hasn’t scored against you is neither here nor there, it’s not down to world class defending from your clown like back four that’s for sure. Put him 1 vs 1 and he’s having Onana on toast ten times out of ten. He’s the deadliest finisher in the PL and I include Haaland in that. 

1 win in 4 vs us or something like that is it.

Expecting to batter you this season as you pose little to no threat. We have a team willing to run through brick walls for the shirt and a superior manager. We’re quicker, stronger and bigger than you. Man U are a hotel resort for entitled players. Re Gordon or Isak. Fear both. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

The wummery is genuinely impressive at this stage but I just can't let this slide. :lol: He was arguably the best player on the park when yous got pilloried at SJP in April 2023. One of the best striker performances I've ever seen for Newcastle was Wilson against Arsenal in May 2022 who didn't score or assist either in that match as well. 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The wummery is genuinely impressive at this stage but I just can't let this slide. :lol: He was arguably the best player on the park when yous got pilloried at SJP in April 2023. One of the best striker performances I've ever seen for Newcastle was Wilson against Arsenal in May 2022 who didn't score or assist either in that match as well. 

History books won't remember that Haydn. They'll just remember another blank against Man United for the Swedish Martial. 

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

Quoting a post from two years ago with the benefit of hindsight is beyond embarrassing to be honest. :lol: 

It was an overspend at the time. It's worked out well. You'd think he's banging in 40 a year and you're winning the title the way people get on though.

RTG levels of mental gymnastics here.

Forums are about expressing opinions and we all sometimes get it wrong.  

I once thought Jason Koumas had the potential to be a champions league player. I was wrong.

Just own it instead of this nonsense.