Alexander Isak

Disco

Honestly can't see Arsenal going for him, could be completely wrong like 

Jesus is quality when fit. Arteta has turned Havertz into a very useful player this season, plus they spent £70m on him. With the fee Isak would command due what we paid + contract length, it would make no sense for them to go big on a ST 

If I was them I'd go big on a Pedro Neto / outlet player 

17 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

I wouldn't make the judgement solely by the sample of matches he's missed when the sample is so small, for example, surely you wouldn't make such a statement if he'd only missed one game right? 

This season he's only missed Bournemouth away which we lost 2-0, he was admittedly a huge miss and we were poor that day. 

Six games last season, two against Liverpool, hardly a shock us losing to them, then Wolves and Bournemouth away and West Ham and Palace home, all four finished draws. There's just a huge amount of variance in such a small sample of games, but speaking more literally I genuinely don't understand the statement, is the suggestion that if Bruno wasn't in the team we'd get relegated, or we are bottom 6 team, suggesting we can't win without him basically implies that, but surely nobody actually thinks this? Yet I keep reading this statement that we supposedly can't win if he doesn't play? 

Stats can be useful at times, they can also be complete nonsense, it's very frequent that stats are manipulated to push a certain narrative that often has very little to zero credibility. For example, commentator in Leicester game yesterday "Leicester haven't won a home game from behind since December" or something of that ilk, ok sure, but how many times where they even in that spot? It's completely pointless statement regardless without providing that piece of information, I haven't looked so no idea but wouldn't be shocked to find out it was zero times, and this happens a lot to push a negative agenda with no basis.

I can only use the small sample that's available to me but it tied exactly in with what I observed as well. 

We had less control in midfield, conceded possession a lot more, didn't have as many turnovers and most notably we had no one who was able to break the lines as consistently as Bruno does. You can't underestimate the importance of the latter. 

That spell last year stands out to me not because of the result but how noticeably poor our performances became. We coincidentally returned to form and our performance levels as soon as he returned. 

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I can only use the small sample that's available to me but it tied exactly in with what I observed as well. 

We had less control in midfield, conceded possession a lot more, didn't have as many turnovers and most notably we had no one who was able to break the lines as consistently as Bruno does. You can't underestimate the importance of the latter. 

That spell last year stands out to me not because of the result but how noticeably poor our performances became. We coincidentally returned to form and our performance levels as soon as he returned. 

Fair enough, can you just clarify your opinion as I'm curious regards this, "is the suggestion that if Bruno wasn't in the team we'd get relegated, or we are bottom 6 team, suggesting we can't win without him basically implies that, but surely nobody actually thinks this?"

Cheers 

56 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Fair enough, can you just clarify your opinion as I'm curious regards this, "is the suggestion that if Bruno wasn't in the team we'd get relegated, or we are bottom 6 team, suggesting we can't win without him basically implies that, but surely nobody actually thinks this?"

Cheers 

No we wouldn't get relegated and yes we would still win game.

I think you took what I originally said very literally. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

If Spurs qualify for the Champions League then joining them will be seen as a step up, even if only a small one.

London is also a big draw for foreign players usually even if we don't like to admit it. They can lead relatively anonymous lives there if they want to, away from the spotlight. Although Isak seems to have fit in well enough at Newcastle, I doubt he's looking to leave unless it's for a big wage rise. Not sure Levy's the type to offer that.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s nothing less fun than debating when we’re going to sell our best players. 

100%. Thought we would be way past this bullshit now :anguish:

4 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

The Spurs part is probably just Swedish media having a hard-on for the prospect of Kulusevski and Isak in the same team tbh. 😅

And Bergvall. Haven’t heard Isak seriously mentioned at all. It’s almost as if the Sun makes things up.

2 hours ago, Elliottman said:

Isak isn't going to Spurs. He's going to one of the Elite when he leaves. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Isak to Spurs would just sum up even more the true purpose of FFP and how shit it is. 

Hang on lads. Are we the Elite or no?

Just now, leffe186 said:

Hang on lads. Are we the Elite or no?

You're one of the EPL "Power 6" who have been whining about FFP and doing their all to keep us in our box as best as possible. If the club were able to build as we should be capable of, Isak to Spurs wouldn't even be a rumour. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You're one of the EPL "Power 6" who have been whining about FFP and doing their all to keep us in our box as best as possible. If the club were able to build as we should be capable of, Isak to Spurs wouldn't even be a rumour. 

So we are the Elite. Excellent. All those years of sacrifice and patience have been worth it.

Edited by leffe186

Let's not argue with our resident Spurs fan. Seems a rather pointless thing to do.  Of course he's going to defend his club.

Isak won't be going to Spurs, not because Spurs aren't an attractive prospect but because we won't allow him to leave and I highly doubt Spurs have the required finance for that deal.

Just now, STM said:

Let's not argue with our resident Spurs fan. Seems a rather pointless thing to do.  Of course he's going to defend his club.

Isak won't be going to Spurs, not because Spurs aren't an attractive prospect but because we won't allow him to leave and I highly doubt Spurs have the required finance for that deal.

Yeah, it’s not going to happen. We’ve got too many gaps to fill. Arsenal makes a lot of sense though, sadly.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Also bet he loves it here, has bought in to “the plan” and will be here for a few more years yet. 

10 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

So we are the Elite. Excellent. All those years of sacrifice and patience have been worth it.

I class Elite as Madrid, City unfortunately, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern, not sure what Juve status is like these days. Isak leaves to go to one of those. Could at a push see him at Arsenal (sorry) but just not sure they could afford him. 

I know Spurs get some jip but I imagine their average position the last 15 years is between 3rd & 4th, they've been to finals in that time including the CL. They've been as good as anyone outside of Liverpool, Man City and possibly Chelsea (last 2 years apart) for a while. 

Stadium wise they have one of the best in the world, commercially they're up with the best. It's literally just been the odd cup they're lacking.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I know Spurs get some jip but I imagine their average position the last 15 years is between 3rd & 4th, they've been to finals in that time including the CL. They've been as good as anyone outside of Liverpool, Man City and possibly Chelsea (last 2 years apart) for a while. 

Yeah Isak still isn’t going to Spurs in any way shape or form though 😅 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Stadium wise they have one of the best in the world, commercially they're up with the best. It's literally just been the odd cup they're lacking.

It’s like you to a lesser extent. The fact you didn’t win a trophy in the decade from the mid-90s was kind of miraculous and just incredibly bad luck. We won two League Cups despite being a bit shite, then won nothing when we were great. Luck plays a big part.