Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

On 28/04/2024 at 14:22, Pancrate1892 said:

Biggest problem we have is when isak is playing with his back to goal, when he's fed it and he's got an angle on the defender they are terrified of him. 

Whether Wilson stays or not, we probably need someone like him for when there is no in behind ball. 

Our biggest failure is probably that we only have the one way of playing, but when it's the right circumstances we can be devastating. 

Next season I think we have to adapt the plan B of target man (hold up play) and more natural width 

This. And I believe this a big reason he'll stay. With the ball on his feet and some space, I'd say confidently that he is the best striker in the world. He do have weaknesses though, as when facing away from goal but also timing his jumps in the air etc. There is no guarantee he'll be as good as he is here with a new team. He is not as a complete as Kane or Haaland so I don't think it makes sense for the very best teams to buy him as his biggest weaknesses are against teams defending low.

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

The Sun seem absolutely desperate for him to sign for Arsenal.  

Daily articles on it.

The whole media are , it's ridiculous enough but the worst thing about it is when they say it will cost like 80 million to sign him, as if we are just going to bend over and give him away for that sort of money when he is worth double that .

It'll be the same with Watkins at Villa soon or any other top tier players that play for clubs that threaten the status quo. 

The media are just as responsible for pushing the big 6 stuff as the clubs themselves.

To the media the league is 6 clubs and then one massive Tesco’s filling every other position. Maybe they’ll get the message when he’s still here in September.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

The Sun seem absolutely desperate for him to sign for Arsenal.  

Daily articles on it.

Arsenal obviously would like him, they are using their mouthpiece media to try to unsettle him. Part of their long game of knocking the price down well before the bid actually comes in Sir Jim Ratshit-style.

55 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

To the media the league is 6 clubs and then one massive Tesco’s filling every other position. Maybe they’ll get the message when he’s still here in September.

It will just turn into we hate him and wouldn't let him leave instead.

The Arsenal links are hilarious for two reasons:

- they haven’t got anything like the money it would take

- they aren’t Real Madrid

Isak’s going nowhere; the papers should simply knock it on the head

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Thing is, I totally agree he's perfect for them but they can suck a spikey dick.

12 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah the Arsenal thing confuses me a bit I keep hearing conflicting information about how the finances are for them. 

according to the athletic this is where they are. 

In the Premier League profit and sustainability regulations (PSR), clubs are permitted to make overall losses no greater than £105million over a three-season period. Although Arsenal’s combined losses exceed this figure, the leeway clubs were granted as a consequence of the pandemic means they are still in a relatively comfortable position.

There has been significant expenditure since then and Arsenal have indicated that financial regulations were a factor in their decision not to enter the January transfer market. This may have been to ensure they could spend significantly in the summer of 2024.

that being said, I do feel they have the pulling power if they can finance the deal. 

40 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah the Arsenal thing confuses me a bit I keep hearing conflicting information about how the finances are for them. 

In the Premier League profit and sustainability regulations (PSR), clubs are permitted to make overall losses no greater than £105million over a three-season period. Although Arsenal’s combined losses exceed this figure, the leeway clubs were granted as a consequence of the pandemic means they are still in a relatively comfortable position.

There has been significant expenditure since then and Arsenal have indicated that financial regulations were a factor in their decision not to enter the January transfer market. This may have been to ensure they could spend significantly in the summer of 2024.

that being said, I do feel they have the pulling power if they can finance the deal. 

I don’t think they have the pulling power, personally.  They’re a step up from us, but Isak should be thinking about a leap up to leave.  If he goes he does to a giant, I reckon.  I also don’t think we’d even contemplate selling him this summer unless the money was absolutely insane (and by that I’m talking £200m)

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t think they have the pulling power, personally.  They’re a step up from us, but Isak should be thinking about a leap up to leave.  If he goes he does to a giant, I reckon.  I also don’t think we’d even contemplate selling him this summer unless the money was absolutely insane (and by that I’m talking £200m)

Arsenal are a club looking to take the step to becoming a tier 1 side. If Mbappe is off to Madrid who higher than Arsenal would be in for him?

In terms of a fee, we would definitely listen to offers at say 120m. 200m is never happening again. 

13 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Arsenal are a club looking to take the step to becoming a tier 1 side. If Mbappe is off to Madrid who higher than Arsenal would be in for him?

In terms of a fee, we would definitely listen to offers at say 120m. 200m is never happening again. 

IMG_2014.thumb.png.434030f71602c154bdaa1bce49ef88d3.png

Yeah but I love it here! Going nowhere soon 🖤🤍

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

They could sell it to him as being the “final peace in the puzzle” to deliver the title (assuming they come up short this season). Theyre also well stacked on most areas other than striker so could probably go all out for a striker. 

I just don’t see us selling him this summer though as it would completely derail our plans and it would take Isak to agitate for a move. The fee would be massive too particularly as he’s probably about to sign a new contract. 

The likelihood is he signs a new contract, stays, fires us into the champions league next season then probably stays or we don’t make champions league and we sell him next summer for some ridiculous fee. 

We paid £63m for him and his stock has monumentally risen.

Players like him are incredibly hard to find - I'd say he's worth £150m and he's going nowhere this summer anyway!

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Zero chance the club would listen to offers at £120m is my view.  I think there’s a giant ‘not for sale’ sign above his head.  Someone would have to pay well above ‘market value’ for him

1 hour ago, Paully said:

We paid £63m for him and his stock has monumentally risen.

Players like him are incredibly hard to find - I'd say he's worth £150m and he's going nowhere this summer anyway!

He's exactly what Arsenal need/want but we took a punt on him and they didn’t. Realistically they probably know he’s not for sale currently.