Alexander Isak

Disco

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

So that's Joelinton Trippier and Isak robbed now

Rumours are its an Albanian crime gang

And Giggs…

I know the north east is generally quite safe, but with the wedge they are on I think I'd have some security in place for when I was playing away just in case.

Don't feel like this was as big an issue not so long ago?

On YouTube tonight and all sky sports and talksport are peddling is who will buy isak rather than will we sell. Pisses me off that they have a goal to link all good players outside top 4 teams with them.

1 hour ago, PRL said:

May explain why he wasn’t on it today. Pretty hard to focus after something like that I’d imagine 

Having your house robbed is up there as one of the worst things. Would be understandable if it threw him you’re right.

obviously I’m basing this completely off those scummy South Africans in lethal weapon 2. But I would be asking if some Saudis with diplomatic immunity could sit outside my house. 

7 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Having your house robbed is up there as one of the worst things. Would be understandable if it threw him you’re right.

obviously I’m basing this completely off those scummy South Africans in lethal weapon 2. But I would be asking if some Saudis with diplomatic immunity could sit outside my house. 

I had my mates over in 1985 or so, lots of beer and playing games on the C64. I went to bed and in the morning my basement window screen was cut and my computer was long gone, while I slept not far away at all. 

39 minutes ago, McDog said:

I had my mates over in 1985 or so, lots of beer and playing games on the C64. I went to bed and in the morning my basement window screen was cut and my computer was long gone, while I slept not far away at all. 

I left my windows open overnight after getting my flat plastered in 2009.. someone came in, left a brand new telly and Xbox and cut all the copper pipes from the walls without turning the water off. Never known anything like it.

Just now, ryanegg said:

I left my windows open overnight after getting my flat plastered in 2009.. someone came in, left a brand new telly and Xbox and cut all the copper pipes from the walls without turning the water off. Never known anything like it.

Holy fuck. We need a burglar thread. That's bad.

29 minutes ago, McDog said:

Holy fuck. We need a burglar thread. That's bad.

The old bill thought I was trying to pull a fast one until I told them I wasn’t insured😂

Woman i know reported that her car had been broken into but the intruders had fitted a radio cassette (remember them).  She was informed that they'd just pulled the cover off the radio cassette she didn't know was there, but had obviously been disturbed [emoji38]

Is building the team around Isak using him as something resembling a false nine?

I've always thought it would mean changing to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and having a traditional #10 operating just behind him, but I just get the feeling Eddie wants to stick with the 4-3-3 and the flat midfield three as when we're at our best it's so effective in the high press.

However, one of the issues we've had with Isak leading the line in a 4-3-3 is we've struggled to get support to him as the lone striker as his game isn't suited to being a traditional CF, holding the ball up.

We've seen in the last week though that having a wide man like Barnes, who can make intelligent runs behind the defense, has been massive for Isak. I really do hope we get a run of games to the end of the season with Barnes and Gordon either side of Isak as having wide players who work hard, have great movement and are a genuine goal threat is essential if you're gonna play with a false nine (or modified version of it). The likes of Murphy and Almiron don't check enough of those boxes to be effective, but Gordon and Barnes do.

My main question on Isak's suitability for the role is if he has the level of vision and passing needed to operate in the role, be one of our main creators as well as one of our main goalscorers. It's a hard role to play, but I can't think of many players we've had who I'd have more faith in pulling it off.

Isak dropping into the hole. Gordon and Barnes look to offer an option in behind. Tino and Hall bombing down the flanks to fill the gaps left by the wide men. Joelinton and Tonali in the #8 positions getting forward. Bruno the base of it all.

(You'd obviously be looking at a few signings on top of that too)

Reckon it might be decent, like.

18 hours ago, NE27 said:

I know the north east is generally quite safe, but with the wedge they are on I think I'd have some security in place for when I was playing away just in case.

weirdly there seems to be some kind of police base above darras hall off of Ashcroft road, so you'd think that would put people off the area.

it looks like a normal housing estate but has some big police building in there and the entrance has a security checkpoint.

I always thought it was one of those private gated communities where the rich people live, but I guess not.

Some of the houses in darras hall are proper nice, wonder who lives here with a huge garden and lake

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Arknor

My lass once had her car broken in to outside the 02 in Newcastle in the early hours whilst she was at work.

All she had was some cheap shelves from B&Q, literally had like a £2 price tag on them.

To make matters worse, she was supposed to be finished when it happened, but her dickhead boss at the time yet again guilt tripped her into working a double shift.

The university security guard saw him do it, and stopped him, he got arrested, but it still it was a fortune to get the car fixed, and it knocked her confidence.

10 minutes ago, Arknor said:

weirdly there seems to be some kind of police base above darras hall off of Ashcroft road, so you'd think that would put people off the area.

it looks like a normal housing estate but has some big police building in there and the entrance has a security checkpoint.

I always thought it was one of those private gated communities where the rich people live, but I guess not.

Some of the houses in darras hall are proper nice, wonder who lives here with a huge garden and lake

Untitled.jpg

Can you not put pictures of my house on the internet please 

1 hour ago, Arknor said:

Untitled.jpg

be the police training centre. used to be up there years back. 

1 hour ago, Arknor said:

Untitled.jpg

Lads I think I've found the burglar. :lol:

57 minutes ago, STM said:

Lads I think I've found the burglar. :lol:

Wanna buy any Sunderland shirts or related memorabilia, His gaff was full of seagull photos and utter tat

Must have joined Newcastle so he can nip across and watch all the Sunderland games.

For the record I'm not stalking footballers, I do a lot of gravel riding on a bicycle, Google maps is great for planning rides that avoid roads as much as possible.

Dinnington/Ponteland has some decent routes.

I'll leave the stalking to Adam and the kids he hangs around with outside the training ground, often ride past  on the way to Hollywell dene/the coast and the little ***** don't even try to make room.

If I was one of the players I'd stop for none of them and use a different entrance/exit :P

Edited by Arknor

16 hours ago, 1964 said:

Woman i know reported that her car had been broken into but the intruders had fitted a radio cassette (remember them).  She was informed that they'd just pulled the cover off the radio cassette she didn't know was there, but had obviously been disturbed [emoji38]

Didn't Shola report a break in at his gaff to the police but it was just he had forgot to tidy up? :lol:

It’s bad on this side of the pond. People are using this device called flipper zero (and other similar ones) . It basically replicates any signal. Key fobs, car keys, even credit cards for tap purchase. 

They use these extension tools so they can basically pick up your car key signal from outside of the garage. They take the cars and drive them to the nearest port, put it in a shipping container and it’s gone to the other side of the world.

People use Apple air tags and other tracking systems to target a vehicle in a parking lot and show up at their home in the middle of the night.

I know a few people who have invested in faraday bags and key holders to try and work around this. 

Criminals are getting more creative by the hour. 

Edited by Sufi

4 hours ago, Sufi said:

It’s bad on this side of the pond. People are using this device called flipper zero (and other similar ones) . It basically replicates any signal. Key fobs, car keys, even credit cards for tap purchase. 

They use these extension tools so they can basically pick up your car key signal from outside of the garage. They take the cars and drive them to the nearest port, put it in a shipping container and it’s gone to the other side of the world.

People use Apple air tags and other tracking systems to target a vehicle in a parking lot and show up at their home in the middle of the night.

I know a few people who have invested in faraday bags and key holders to try and work around this. 

Criminals are getting more creative by the hour. 

Yeah, technology's designed to make things easier but it can go two ways.

On 07/04/2024 at 02:38, ryanegg said:

I know it’s early, but it took me a good 30 seconds to realise you meant they ignored the tele and Xbox, and not they exchanged them for the piping like some bastardised version of Swapshop.