Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Is Oda shite? Subbed on at 44 minutes and off at 65. :lol:

:lol: Saw that and thought the same but then assumed that maybe he got injured 

You are both right. 

Oda got injured but he's also brutal.

Kuol looking more threatening the last 5 mins. Celtic have had so much of the ball this second half but he's getting a good run out. Just had a shot blocked.

He's 18, came off the bench in the A-League and has had some good moments for Hearts in the time they've afforded him. I'm not sure what good looks like for him? Seems decent to me that he's getting minutes in a top league close to his parent club.

Edited by The Bonk

The lad is just a bairn and also acclimatising to another country and a different culture. A daunting task for him but he'll come good and settle and then we can take him onboard properly and unleash his talent for the good of us. Fingers crossed.

On 09/03/2023 at 05:37, EdinburghKuol said:

If I was you boys, I'd be signing up Hatate.

What a player. 

Reo Hatate is a player that Howe would love. Insane workrate and superb at transitions. Him and Willock rotating next season, especially if we make it into Europe, would be superb.

39 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Reo Hatate is a player that Howe would love. Insane workrate and superb at transitions. Him and Willock rotating next season, especially if we make it into Europe, would be superb.

I'm a Celtic fan and have been season ticket holder for 22 years, Hatate is one of the best midfielders that's ever played for us. He's is a different level.

I reckon we'll be lucky to hold onto him this summer, if he goes though it'll need to be serious money. Know a lad who's close to the guy who owns the flat Hatate lives in and he's just moved his whole family to Glasgow due to him being as settled as he is. Would love to keep him forever but at the same time he would be unreal for Newcastle.

On 14/03/2023 at 06:19, Optimistic Nut said:

He wasn't starting regularly in Australia so was hardly expected to do the same surely?

He got more minutes v Barcelona than he gets against lower half SPL clubs. 

My problem with the loan is not so much the lack of minutes... it's the fact that there is no plan to get the ball to him when he comes on. They've got the fastest player in Scotland with a shitload of skill and huge goal involvement record, but have no plan for how to utilise him and his talents.

Bring him home Eddie.

People need to remember that Hearts don’t exist just to give our loan player minutes. The manager isn’t (and shouldn’t) be under any obligation to play him. 

I understand frustration about lack of game time but he is getting some, plus he’s training around a first team squad fighting for a good finish in the league. It’s a similar situation to Anderson back with us, undoubted potential but not at the level where the manager will trust him with every game being important. 

Hearts fans seem to rate him. Loans are incredibly difficult to judge. We could have sent him to League One and it might of been a similar situation, there are no guarantees. I think he’ll be just fine and this situation is much better than him sitting in our u23s. 

tl:dr chill the hell out people 

8 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

People need to remember that Hearts don’t exist just to give our loan player minutes. The manager isn’t (and shouldn’t) be under any obligation to play him. 

I understand frustration about lack of game time but he is getting some, plus he’s training around a first team squad fighting for a good finish in the league. It’s a similar situation to Anderson back with us, undoubted potential but not at the level where the manager will trust him with every game being important. 

Hearts fans seem to rate him. Loans are incredibly difficult to judge. We could have sent him to League One and it might of been a similar situation, there are no guarantees. I think he’ll be just fine and this situation is much better than him sitting in our u23s. 

tl:dr chill the hell out people 

Don't disagree with any of that, but as I said earlier, he gets ignored when he comes on. They almost never play a pass to him - the only ball  he sees is if he wins it himself.

On 16/03/2023 at 13:24, Coastie said:

He got more minutes v Barcelona than he gets against lower half SPL clubs. 

My problem with the loan is not so much the lack of minutes... it's the fact that there is no plan to get the ball to him when he comes on. They've got the fastest player in Scotland with a shitload of skill and huge goal involvement record, but have no plan for how to utilise him and his talents.

Bring him home Eddie.

He played Barcelona in a pre-season friendly - a glorified training session.  It's not the same level as competitive league football.  The lad might come good, but if he's not getting minutes it is for good reason - I did think when he joined that the SPL was a big step up.  The old Division Four would have been a better place for potential minutes a la Anderson.