Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This is the thing we were in such a strong position with this loan clubs were queuing up for him, we surely could have insisted on guaranteed playing time or we bring him back.

Twenty minutes per match if fit would've been a start like. I don't think that's too much to ask. 

Edited by andycap

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How does that even work by the way (not just for this loan but any). You can't force a club to play someone. They might not be suited to the system for certain games, matchfit, in form, etc.

I think they do though depending on the terms of the loan. Some loans are if fit will play, barring injury.

He’s 18, it’s not the end of the world he’s not playing every game. Mad how wound up people are getting about this. Half of this move, if not more, is clearly about acclimatising him to a new country as a young lad and I’m assuming away from his family.  

8 minutes ago, OverThere said:

I think they do though depending on the terms of the loan. Some loans are if fit will play, barring injury.

There must be some sort of way out for the team loaning the player, though. Imagine 3 games in or whatever and it's clear he's gash, they can't just be expected to play him?

6 hours ago, Disco said:

He’s 18, it’s not the end of the world he’s not playing every game. Mad how wound up people are getting about this. Half of this move, if not more, is clearly about acclimatising him to a new country as a young lad and I’m assuming away from his family.  

He could have done that training with our first team though if we knew he wasn’t going to play. He could also have been getting game time for U21’s, he’s not playing any football at all which is shit for his development. 

Edited by Whitley mag

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

He could have done that training with our first team though if we knew he wasn’t going to play. He could also have been getting game time for U21’s, he’s not playing any football at all which is shit for his development. 

We negotiated Jay Turner-Cooke coming back and playing for the U23s even though he’s on loan at Tranmere. Should try and do the same with Kuol.

Just now, Nucasol said:

We negotiated Jay Turner-Cooke coming back and playing for the U23s even though he’s on loan at Tranmere. Should try and do the same with Kuol.

Another fantastic loan selection by Ameobi btw :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

This is the thing we were in such a strong position with this loan clubs were queuing up for him, we surely could have insisted on guaranteed playing time or we bring him back.

He’d have fallen foul of the three clubs in one season rule - but I agree the lad had options and this wasn’t a good one.  A loan to a fourth tier club would have been likely to get him game time - and if he played well, a nice confidence boost

Surely if your team is taking pastings every week you'd maybes bring on a young starlet who might get you a goal or change a game. Not the old I'll hoy this donkey on that's done nowt all season. 

I understand some of the reasoning for this loan, what with him knowing a few people there but it looks like a really poor decision. Maybe going out to Bristol and playing games there regularly would have been more beneficial. Barton did a brilliant job nurturing Billy.

3 hours ago, OverThere said:

Seems the loan was based on a few Aussies being in Edinburgh and not how much time he was going to play.

But what good does that do Hearts? Why would they take someone on loan if the goal was not to get minutes, but to settle some randomer into the country? Yes, there could be longer term relationships formed with a potential powerhouse not too far down the road, but it largely doesn't make sense. He's barely featured in their last 5 matches, all defeats, not at all in their last 3. It's basically like them opening a creche for us :lol:

Their last 5 results have been 1-3 and 0-3 to Celtic, 0-3 to Aberdeen, 1-2 to 10 man Kilmarnock, and then 0-2 at home to St Mirren today, so you can't imagine the place and dressing room to be currently buzzing and therefore the minimum requisite of 'settling into the UK with a few fellow Aussies' likely won't be going to plan much either.

He's probably not been as good as they were expecting, perhaps not ready, and that's fair enough, Neilson will see him in training every day, but I think it's safe to say the loan move will have gone far worse than Neilson/Hearts, Howe/Newcastle and Garang himself were initially expecting.

Edited by Paullow

20 minutes ago, Paullow said:

But what good does that do Hearts? Why would they take someone on loan if the goal was not to get minutes, but to settle some randomer into the country? Yes, there could be longer term relationships formed with a potential powerhouse not too far down the road, but it largely doesn't make sense. He's barely featured in their last 5 matches, all defeats, not at all in their last 3. It's basically like them opening a creche for us :lol:

Their last 5 results have been 1-3 and 0-3 to Celtic, 0-3 to Aberdeen, 1-2 to 10 man Kilmarnock, and then 0-2 at home to St Mirren today, so you can't imagine the place and dressing room to be currently buzzing and therefore the minimum requisite of 'settling into the UK with a few fellow Aussies' likely won't be going to plan much either.

He's probably not been as good as they were expecting, perhaps not ready, and that's fair enough, Neilson will see him in training every day, but I think it's safe to say the loan move will have gone far worse than Neilson/Hearts, Howe/Newcastle and Garang himself were initially expecting.

For Hearts it's a punt. I'd guess they aren't paying his wages so no risk. If he looks good at training then use him, if not he's just another body and builds a relationship with NUFC.