Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Will never give anything related with palace credit

Most men are dead by 76. He’s just started a new job in the Premier League. It’s brilliant. Ended badly at England but you’ve got to say, what a guy. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Most men are dead by 76. He’s just started a new job in the Premier League. It’s brilliant. Ended badly at England but you’ve got to say, what a guy. 

Nope - still sour of the lost 2 points from the palace game with that fiasco.  we should be above spurs on 49 points and one point behind Man U. That disallowed goal could cost us a lot when all the dust has settled.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Can't bring myself to watch Chelsea and their billion quid squad scrape a win today

Good job its Dortmund vs Bayern at the same time.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Can't bring myself to watch Chelsea and their billion quid squad scrape a win today

I'm quite looking forward to it to be honest. Quite an interesting game, and Villa being in form adds to the intrigue. It doesn't massively affect us (which is also quite nice), but I probably hope it's a draw, just to keep them both more at arms length. A draw will be a good result on paper for Villa (like Sunderland last night), but both really need to win if they are going to threaten the top 6.

Brighton's record vs. teams in the Top 9 (Fulham upward) is now P10 W2 D3 L5. They are too weak defensively against the better teams in the league. Brentford's second came about 10 seconds after a Brighton throw in. The third was a free kick with the defence AWOL at the back post.  

Conversely Brighton's equalizer pen came from a counter following a Brentford break with a few minutes to go. Very poor game management from them. Brighton's first was a simple long ball to Mitoma.

Both teams have conceded twice as many as us and today was lots of evidence why. 

Think it's fair to say that while at Brighton, everyone sort of made their success down to Graham Potter, in one season without him, they have lost what some at the time would consider three key players in Cucurella,Trossard, Bissouma, and improved. 

I'm now of the mindset that the current manager is using the players better than Potter ever did, and that Chelsea have got their appointment wrong. 

And Brighton's scouting and club management is proving to be seriously impressive. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Results have fallen perfectly today. A win and they're only a couple of points off Brighton albeit with the games in hand in Brighton's favour.

Can be done I just still see Chelsea as up and down as Brighton to be honest.

Brighton will be very disappointed if they allow that kind of lead to slip away.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Results have fallen perfectly today. A win and they're only a couple of points off Brighton albeit with the games in hand in Brighton's favour.

Their run in is very hard. They still have to play Liverpool, Brighton, us, Man United, Man City, Arsenal. I can't see them making it up and a couple of others also falling away at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Think it's fair to say that while at Brighton, everyone sort of made their success down to Graham Potter, in one season without him, they have lost what some at the time would consider three key players in Cucurella,Trossard, Bissouma, and improved. 

I'm now of the mindset that the current manager is using the players better than Potter ever did, and that Chelsea have got their appointment wrong. 

And Brighton's scouting and club management is proving to be seriously impressive. 

Agreed - I think if Chelsea has somebody like poch in then they would be in top six already.

also - some great scores and talking points in 3pm games yet bbc have peps interviews on a loop and talking about their game still, it’s sickening