Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

I don't know man. He looks good and all, but wasn't it £100m for him? They could have bought Ollie Watkins or Ivan Toney for about half that or something, and it would have been money much better spent. 

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Are Liverpool aware that a 0-0 here isn't really any good for them? 

The way they’ve played it is. A point at Stamford Bridge is always good. Wouldn’t fancy us down there to get much more.

4 minutes ago, Cf said:

I dunno. Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea are hardly guaranteed their place there. All 3 of them feel like they need a bit of a rebuild and the signs this season is they're struggling to do it. Top half of the league next season I think is up for grabs a bit. 

Can’t see them finishing above Man U or Brighton though - if we keep going then that’s the top 6 there.

Edited by Gawalls

3 minutes ago, Cf said:

I dunno. Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea are hardly guaranteed their place there. All 3 of them feel like they need a bit of a rebuild and the signs this season is they're struggling to do it. Top half of the league next season I think is up for grabs a bit. 

Maybe but there are frustrations around his managerial style that have hampered league campaigns in the past (but has been effective in cups).

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

9 minutes ago, KDT said:

Brighton still have us, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs & Villa left to play. All apart from Man Utd are away.

They've got Man City at home to be rearranged as well. Tough run no doubt, and obviously some will be dropping points when it comes to those directly near us.

8 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

Mudryk's second touch has been a tackle about 3 times already 

Another reason to hate Chelsea. Just had to have another potentially gifted young technical winger, will ruin him like they do so many players with their greed and wasteful lack of development.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I don't know man. He looks good and all, but wasn't it £100m for him? They could have bought Ollie Watkins or Ivan Toney for about half that or something, and it would have been money much better spent. 

They do need a striker. Think they'll blow the doors of yet again for Osimhen in the summer, assuming they are still in CL.

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon that’s top 7 sewing up for us.

Yep, and unless Sheff Utd won the FA Cup, that would be some form of European football guaranteed next season.

*unless West Ham potentially winning the ECL and qualifying for the Europa took a European place from the league - I haven't looked that up.

1 minute ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Brighton really terrifying me. Not sure what we want from Spurs v Brighton on Saturday?

A draw or a Spurs win I'd say, Spurs are likely to do Spursy stuff again soon enough, whereas we need Brighton to hit a bump in thr Road to stop their charge.

Am I the only one genuinely not feeling any nerves or anything? It’s been a great season and any form of Europe is huge. We’ve now won 3 in the spin with both isak and ASM seriously enjoying themselves so I’m just sitting back and enjoying the journey.