Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

56 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It will happen. The feel good atmosphere is eroding with the Champions League prices, and having to sell for PSR reasons. The amount of games coming their way will result in injuries and half fit players.

In the long run Emery will head back to Spain, and Villa will go back to be mid-table/best of the rest.

Because it happened to us doesnt mean everything will be the same for Villa.

It wild to watch this Chelsea team play. Absolutely no work for each other, hardly any communication. There’s enough talent out there that they will win more often than lose but man it’s a crazy watch. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Lordshola said:

Chelsea are absolutely shocking.

Bournemouth are so aggressive and commit a lot of fouls to kill the opposition teams rhythm.

However, Chelsea are pretty passive and a bit soft too. Don't look up for this at all.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Needed to hit that first time Jackson. So poor.

Looked like it would have been onside upon review too.

I honestly think Jackson is the worst forward in the league this season.  I think he's awful.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

I honestly think Jackson is the worst forward in the league this season.  I think he's awful.

He isn't. 

There's a bunch of forwards that can't even figure out how to get in the dangerous positions he does, as often as he does.

He just does some awful things in those positions at times.

He managed 14 goals and 6 assists his first season in the league and has already scored a couple this season.

He's a bit dopey, but he is never the worst striker man. He's actually quite dangerous.

Edited by KaKa

53 minutes ago, brummie said:

I tell you what, if we can get over this ten match run of being unable to defend properly, we're going to be a more than decent team.

Amazing that we had 85% possession at the point we went 0-2 down.

Probably need an upgrade on Pau Torres, someone of Fabian Schär's calibre. Torres is decent on the ball but so lacking defensively.

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Why isnt that red, he hasnt made a genuine attempt at the ball and denied a clear goalscoring opportunity?

I don’t think they give red cards with penalties anymore do they? 

Just now, Menace said:

In hindsight, a draw to Bournemouth wasn't a bad result at all. They're a decent team.

They are awful to play against.

Give you a good kicking and make the game so stop start.

Then are quite direct and dangerous going forward with their pace and ball carrying.

Very very annoying.

2 minutes ago, Lordshola said:

I don’t think they give red cards with penalties anymore do they? 

The double-jeopardy law states: "Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

It should have been a red card and shouldnt have been able to save the pen

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He isn't. 

There's a bunch of forwards that can't even figure out how to get in the dangerous positions he does, as often as he does.

He just does some awful things in those positions at times.

He managed 14 goals and 6 assists his first season in the league and has already scored a couple this season.

He's a bit dopey, but he is never the worst striker man. He's actually quite dangerous.

He's the exact opposite of what I think a centre forward should do.  Be unselfish, make runs even if you don't receive the ball, hold up the ball and play in other players, be a nuisance to the opposition defenders.  He does none of what I have just said.

He has pace and sometimes (rarely) gets in the right position to score.  He is very very limited as a centre forward.