Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he struggles against teams that sit back then he would struggle in the majority of our games where most teams sit back against us, surely ?

I mean, it's a slower league that is generally more defensive minded and cynical, with a lot more experienced players. Just think it's made for a much tougher adjustment.

He also hasn't had the luxury of playing through it and adjusting quicker because they are the Champions and so have really big aspirations, and so he has ended up in and out of the team.

Anyway, I just really rate him and think he'd fit in very well under Howe and in the general style and tempo of play in the Premier League.

Just now, Scotty66 said:

The fucking state of it man 

Screenshot_20230219_160855_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_161030_Twitter.jpg

You know they do it by the sleeve now though right?

Isak leaning forward is what makes it offside because of his sleeve. also in today's game you can see they've drawn the line by Faes' sleeve, which is what plays Rashford on.

Think it's silly and both should be onside to be honest, but that's the rule now unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

The Liverpool players foot (Gomez was it?) is in front of any part of Isak including his sleeve though.

Just a mental decision. 

Yeah, terrible decision, but from what I remember the line was drawn from the top of the shoulder where the sleeve starts, and you can kind of see it in that picture above with the way Isak is leaning. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The Liverpool players foot (Gomez was it?) is in front of any part of Isak including his sleeve though.

Just a mental decision. 

You can’t compare one players foot but another players sleeve when the rule is they do it by the sleeve

17 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Definitely worth it at that price, I’d be interested to know quite what has gone wrong for him, because he was very hyped as a prospect. 

Just one of those things where he needs more time to adjust to the league, but from what I've read Milan need money and they'd like to try and get back most of what they paid for him if possible as it was a fair bit for them to spend. I believe they paid 30 million.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

You can’t compare one players foot but another players sleeve when the rule is they do it by the sleeve

Well the rule is that it now includes the sleeve and so those lines take that into account when being drawn, so they do compare both against each other, based on whichever is furthest forward.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just one of those things where he needs more time to adjust to the league, but from what I've read Milan need money and they'd like to try and get back most of what they paid for him if possible as it was a fair bit for them to spend. I believe they paid 30 million.

Wouldn’t want him, thinks Newcastle is dark and dingy and nothing to do.

https://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/charles-de-ketelaere-talked-out-of-33m-newcastle-transfer-liverpool-old-boy-aims-dig-at-city

Edited by SAK

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, terrible decision, but from what I remember the line was drawn from the top of the shoulder where the sleeve starts, and you can kind of see it in that picture above with the way Isak is leaning. 

For me if you can prove daylight between defender and attacker it’s offside - if you can’t then it’s onside 

I do think they need to have more cameras at pitch level - the cameras they use are too high up and when you draw the line it just doesn’t look right 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It was Mignolet that said that.

Yes but he believed it and it was a factor in picking Milan. He even states in the article how Dries Mertens speaking about Napoli compares to what he was told about Newcastle, basically saying “I heard Newcastle is a shit city”.

His stock has fallen, he’s flopped in a weaker league playing for one of the top teams there, and Milan want rid. He can go be someone else’s problem.