Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

11 hours ago, gdm said:

It appears the Bordeaux game was abandoned for this 

https://twitter.com/furyzz__/status/1664720724169310209?s=46&t=VsasybHjLL5SWspjxkYA3w

Looks like it's gone, what happened?

Looking at the league table the two teams still show as 37 games, Bordeaux need a big win to go up, Rodez would stay up with a win and it was 1-0 Rodez..

But in all seriousness, I was going to ask the same Q as the Frogster. I'd prefer Man U not to win their double, or Man C not to win the treble - had the CL been first and Inter somehow won then I'd have wanted Man C to win the FA Cup, but as that's not the case, I'd probably prefer Man U to win, but I mainly just want a good game.

I hope Man U score first. If Man C go 2-0 up early then it's game over, but if Man U went 2-0 up early, then it's still probably near enough 50/50, ha.

5-0 to Man City would be nice, do have a funny feeling though that Man United will spawn a win though, goes against all logic when you look at both teams but City will have one eye on the champions league final and winning the FA cup is hardly a big deal for them.

7 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

5-0 to Man City would be nice, do have a funny feeling though that Man United will spawn a win though, goes against all logic when you look at both teams but City will have one eye on the champions league final and winning the FA cup is hardly a big deal for them.

It's part of a treble. It's a fucking huge deal to them. 

5-0 and upwards to city. Some of their foot ball this season has been awesome and for me they deserve to win the treble. I hate Man U and can't stand that arrogant cock sure manager of theirs so a good drubbing would be great 

Can't see anything but a City win here (I hope anyway). Just can't decide whether to watch it, not that arsed really, but probably will on account of having withdrawal symptoms after the end of the prem. Be an amazing achievement if City do the treble like.

36 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's part of a treble. It's a fucking huge deal to them. 

They want the treble no doubt about it but they will undoubtedly be thinking about the champions league final in 7 days time, as good as Pep is he has only won the FA cup once in seven years so that tells you where it ranks in his list of priorities. 

18 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

They want the treble no doubt about it but they will undoubtedly be thinking about the champions league final in 7 days time, as good as Pep is he has only won the FA cup once in seven years so that tells you where it ranks in his list of priorities. 

It's say nothing about his list of priorities. He played full strength sides when they were knocked out of the FA Cup they were just narrowly beaten by Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal x2.

The only anomaly is when he played a weakened side against Wigan and they lost but that was due to playing with 10 men for a full half. Classic FA Cup upset. 

Pep/Man City always want to win the FA Cup. Their focus will be 100% on this game. They're going to be dynamite. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

We are going to get absolutely tanked today. Hope you lads enjoy. :lol:

They'll dominate the ball, as they often do but I do think it will be a close game

Obviously they are favourites but in a final, that too a derby, I'd never write off the smaller team

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

They'll dominate the ball, as they often do but I do think it will be a close game

Obviously they are favourites but in a final, that too a derby, I'd never write off the smaller team

You said City are favourites but then you'd never write them off? Very strange. ;)

Bruno Fernandes will create chances for Rashford. What he does with them will decide whether we get beat 4-0 or 4-3.

The treble bit is quite a domestic thing, and particularly big for Man Utd fans

For City’s owners, Pep and the players they won’t give a stuff about 99 and Man Utd. The CL for them is the big one, dwarfing everything else as the whole project was about European dominance and they have never won a CL. The owners want that medal, the players do, and Pep wants to show he can win without Messi, Xavi, Iniesta et al 

Clearly City want to win the cup, like they’d want to win every cup, but I think the treble is more of a deal for the City (local) fan base and for Man Utd 

I know some really great Man U fans. I absolutely hate what their club has become. Can’t think of a single thing I like about them and save for the fans I know, their general fanbase come across as horrific. Bunch of wankers at Wembley in February.

I guess that’s what most fans think of NUFC now.

Anyway, come on City. Smash them.

Unless you’re a Man Utd fan, who the fuck would ever want Man Utd to win a cup final over one of the other ‘big 6’ teams that isn’t Liverpool?

Edited by Stifler