Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, midds said:

I know the table and their results suggest otherwise but this Arsenal team don't look like champions to me. They're doing really well and are top on merit but I'm convinced that it's only a matter of time before they feel the pressure and struggle to keep it going. I'm not slagging them off or saying they're shit but I have zero confidence in them seeing it through and staying top come Easter and actually winning it. 

Youngest squad in the league won’t do them any favors either. I think, like you said, that they’ll fall off the pace eventually or the moment will get too big. 

It’s between us and City. :coolsmiley:

12 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Be interested to see how we do against this Arsenal team.

There's nothing scary about them, from what I've seen. I mean, they're doing brilliantly so far, but it looks like you can get after them.

Do we play them home or away first?

They're good this arsenal so far (this season, not this game which seems a bad example), good defensively and more creative attacking then they have been, they're much better than the team we beat end of last season, but they do look ragged and tired this game. Still think we'd certainly run them close, few teams press as effectively as we do

Edited by Tiresias

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Do we play them home or away first?

Away first, just after New Year. 

To be honest, a point there and them still having to come to our place afterwards would be pretty immense.