Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Thank fuck I don’t support Dortmund, would never get over that 

As a neutral, the best one I've seen was Hearts throwing it away in 1986.

The scenes of crying fans were genuinely quite touching.

Obviously Liverpool 1989 as well, but that wasn't touching, just fucking hilarious. 

11 in a row. :lol: It'll be a lot more than that too. I'd be raging if the PL was like this. Yeah fair enough it was a close run thing this time but at the end of the day its yet another Bayern win. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

11 in a row. :lol: It'll be a lot more than that too. I'd be raging if the PL was like this. Yeah fair enough it was a close run thing this time but at the end of the day its yet another Bayern win. 

Yep, thank God we've got our way more competitive 'five of the last six'!

Just now, Decky said:

It’s why I don’t bother watching German football. 

11 in a row is ridiculous, and the fact Bayern can have a “bad season” and still win it just sucks any optimism out of things and doesn’t suggest there’s genuine competition. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Yep, thank God we've got our way more competitive 'five of the last six'!

5 teams have won the Premier League since anyone other than Bayern won the Bundesliga. 

Surprised there's just 60 miles between the two places, pretty much the same as Newcastle to Carlisle. You just think of Coventry as a midlands club and Luton as another southern club, but they're pretty close geographically.

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

As a neutral, the best one I've seen was Hearts throwing it away in 1986.

The scenes of crying fans were genuinely quite touching.

Obviously Liverpool 1989 as well, but that wasn't touching, just fucking hilarious. 

Only needed a draw against Dundee if I recall :lol:

4 minutes ago, Viana said:

It’s why I don’t bother watching German football. 

11 in a row is ridiculous, and the fact Bayern can have a “bad season” and still win it just sucks any optimism out of things and doesn’t suggest there’s genuine competition. 

Only one club in the league can attract established world class players. Bayern will buy a top class forward now and wrap it up for another few years. 

I think this will be a really cagey game.

Coventry keep games close and Luton will just be strong, and press for it, but not as much to totally dominate a game.

I think Luton will do it, but it will probably be by only 1 goal.

If any of these clubs were in any other final, I’d want them up, as it is I’m slightly edging towards Luton, mostly because they can get their new stadium off if they get that money, and that would be good to watch happen.

As for Coventry, they too have had hard times, and we all know about how they were criminally shafted during the war. On top of that their fans have to have the tag of both Richard Keys, and Gary Hoffman being fans, how much can they be forced to endure?

I won’t be disappointed with either of them coming up.

Did Wolfsburg lose on purpose to not go into the Europa Conference League?[emoji38] They needed 1p at home to Herta who is already relegated at last place..

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Consequential last day in the Bundesliga. Dortmund-Bayern, Union Berlin make the CL for the first time, Bochum leapfrog Stuttgart out of the relegation zone.

Completely forgot about all the other stuff. Schalke relegated again - they used to be a solid top 6/7 (and higher) side. Gelsenkirchen twinned with Newcastle.

So that will probably be Hamburg vs Stuttgart for a place in the Bundesliga (depending on how the former gets on tomorrow) - two of Germany's six biggest cities.

Stuttgart went down the same year we went down the 2nd time under Ashley and have been a yo-yo club since.

They were big when I first started following football, surprising as they are backed by Mercedes as well.