Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not worried too much about spurs until they have played a good side. Has a relatively comfortable start to the season.

Spurs have played Brentford and Man Utd already man.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

A Brentford without Toney and Man Utd at home isn’t a massively difficult game based on their away record 

Sheesh. Dunno about that man.

Wissa and Mbuemo are still a handful, and that game was at Brentford too.

Man Utd look super dodgy, but it's still Man Utd and they had decent chances that game, but Spurs came through it.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Fair play to them, Spurs have looked decent.

It doesn't half help when Bournemouth have allowed Maddison the freedom of the vitality stadium mind.

Did they end up completing that deal for Tyler Adams?

Looks like they need that type of player in there after losing Lerma.

Spurs look different. Sarr, Bissouma and Maddison look very good. Rich runs a lot and if he can start scoring and Son & Kulu find form they could be dangerous despite them looking suspicious in the back. 

Just now, Disco said:

That’s how the player has told them to pronounce it. 

He's from the same region in Nigeria I'm originally from and that is not how that name is pronounced :lol:

I totally get it though. We all have to give a watered down pronunciation a lot of the time.

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ooo - Doe - Gee

The Doggy thing is absolutely killing me man :lol:

Pretty sure the player himself pronounces it like that. He has lived his whole life in Europe, it's not unusual for pronunciation to change and/or be assimilated into linguistic norms of that country.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Pretty sure the player himself pronounces it like that. He has lived his whole life in Europe, it's not unusual for pronunciation to change and/or be assimilated into linguistic norms of that country.

Yeah, I get it. I've pretty much acknowledged that in my last post.

It just gets to the point you let people go with how they naturally pronounce it, and just stick with that.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Richarlison is such a knobhead. Guaranteed to score against us. 

Think last year under Conte took away a lot of his confidence. Struggling badly right now.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's from the same region in Nigeria I'm originally from and that is not how that name is pronounced :lol:

I totally get it though. We all have to give a watered down pronunciation a lot of the time.

Would you start Harvey Barnes tomorrow?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Feel sorry for Richarlison like, obviously mentally fragile and just on a massive downer at the moment. 

I think if they stick with him he'll come good, but if another striker comes in and does well it will be tough for him.