Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

He's also Kevin de Bruyne

Trent has the 3rd most assists in PL history for a defender and he'll be top by the time he retires. Not sure why people would want to reinvent him as a midfielder where he'll get a lot less time and opportunities to cross the ball

But he’s shite defensively.

I’m not saying he should be a midfielder but there are obvious reasons why a team wouldn’t want him as a fullback.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

What's Rashford done then? Been left out for a 'disciplinary issue'.

Ten Hag really going the extra mile to rubber stamp his authority. If it fucks them today v Wolves then I’m all for it.

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I’m not saying he should be a midfielder but there are obvious reasons why a team wouldn’t want him as a fullback.

I think his attacking output is so good you can take a chance that he's not as sound defensively as he probably could be

I don't think there's many clubs in the world who wouldn't have him as their starting right back

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He’s not shit defensively, it just gets highlighted more because of a) who he is and b) he’s perceived to be a right-back. Which he isn’t, that’s just where he starts out positionally. He’s more of a wing-back or attacking inverted right midfielder which is where on the ball he often plays or occupies. Me, you want all your players to be defensively switched on whether you’re an ACM or a star CF, but look at what he gives going forward, that’s what I want from a player.

Edited by King HTT III

2 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

He’s not shit defensively, it just gets highlighted more because of a) who he is and b) he’s perceived to be a right-back.

C) when the opponent gets a goal scoring chance and the camera picks him up jogging back from his forward position as though he just doesn’t give a shit and can’t be arsed busting a gut to get back and defend. Seen this time and time again. You see it with our team and with great defenders who are genuinely gutted to concede a goal- with him, he hasn’t got that same attitude, seemingly so long as he provides another assist it cancels it all out. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

C) when the opponent gets a goal scoring chance and the camera picks him up jogging back from his forward position as though he just doesn’t give a shit and can’t be arsed busting a gut to get back and defend. Seen this time and time again. You see it with our team and with great defenders who are genuinely gutted to concede a goal- with him, he hasn’t got that same attitude, seemingly so long as he provides another assist it cancels it all out. 

None of us watch him week in week out so let’s not pretend we know his entire game and what he could it could not do.

27 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Ten Hag really going the extra mile to rubber stamp his authority. If it fucks them today v Wolves then I’m all for it.

Ffs just put him in the fantasy football team yesterday ? 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

None of us watch him week in week out so let’s not pretend we know his entire game and what he could it could not do.

Obviously. But I’ve seen it happen LOADS of time when a player (often the opposition left midfielder/forward) has, or created, a chance and Trent is casually jogging back towards his/the player. It’s been picked up by commentators lots too. The likes of Trippier, James, etc all bust a gut to get back to help or atone for their error. 

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think most football fans see him at least 25-30 times a year, more than enough to have an opinion imo.

Can imagine Ten Hag having zero tolerance for things that take Rashford’s focus away from football. No charity work, activism or Good Samaritan behaviour allowed. Hopefully Rashford decks him, hands in a transfer request and comes to Newcastle because it’s one of the most deprived areas in the country 

The youngster is widely touted as one of the best full-backs in the world, such has been the quality of Alexander-Arnold's attacking displays. 

And though Carragher acknowledges the young defender is one of Liverpool's most creative outlets, he believes the defensive side of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

The Reds legend was analysing his former club's 2-1 win over Crystal Palace for Sky Sports' Monday Night Football when he noted an error made by Alexander-Arnold in the build-up to Wilfried Zaha's goal for the Eagles. 

"Trent loses the ball (in midfield), he’s in like a fight with Zaha and it’s tough. This is my biggest problem right now with Trent, you have to sprint back but he’s jogging," said Carragher.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-details-biggest-problem-20962531?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

32 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I honestly think it’s about his gait/running style, he’s not the type to bust a gut physically despite having pace, he plays with a languid style. My good mate is a LFC season ticket holder and says he expends so much energy as do their whole team playing a high intensity game some players use up most of their energy getting forward and pressing etc. I personally think he’s a tremendous talent and isn’t a right-back or a defender. I wouldn’t know where to fully play him mind as he’s quite unique as a footballer.

Edited by King HTT III

Just now, Pata said:

He's fucking lazy like.

I disagree, I also think his confidence defensively is at a low ebb, he was very good defensively against Leicester for example. He’s also very young, played a huge number of games, mostly in a pressurised environment and I just think people need to cut him a bit slack. He’s a potential world-class talent, again though I’d say Reece is the much better all-rounder and he too isn’t a full-back for me, he can okay midfield easily as he’s that good.