Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Totally agree, I think there'll always be room for that sort of player mind even though they get ever rarer. Centre backs won't be as used to dealing with sheer power and aggression so much.

I'm not really that knowledgable about players around the world like I used to, but I can't really think of another big, lumbering target man that has done well at the top level since Llorente in his Atheltic & Juventus days. Seems most big/tall strikers these days needs some pace & technique as well like Haaland, Lukaku, Isak, Nunez etc. Love watching this guy play. Wish I watched Girona earlier this season. Will definitely look out for their next game.

Moyes didn’t mention the injury in his post-match presser but made his feelings clear on the penalty decision when talking about Areola, saying “Absolutely, he was fouled. I think it was a foul on the goalkeeper”.

How was that a foul on the goalkeeper?[emoji38]

49 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just seen the Girona score. Not sure what is more unbelievable. The fact they are still pushing for the title or the 6 minute hatrick from Dovbyk. 

Pure class. 

It's a shame they won't be allowed to win the league 

51 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just seen the Girona score. Not sure what is more unbelievable. The fact they are still pushing for the title or the 6 minute hatrick from Dovbyk. 

Pure class. 

Shame about the Real goal at 90+9..

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

I'm not really that knowledgable about players around the world like I used to, but I can't really think of another big, lumbering target man that has done well at the top level since Llorente in his Atheltic & Juventus days. 

Giroud comes to mind but yeah, it's a dying breed.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Pure class. 

Seems ‘ungenerous’ but the Sevilla keeper… so should have done better with three of those goals. Good to see the highlights mind, but (on a roll…) not quite as impressive as our 5 goals in 21 minutes against Spurs (noticed Dovyk doing same ‘head’s gone’/brain scrambled celebration btw). 

Barring a miracle, Ivory Coast will crash out of their own tournament at the group stage. A massive shock. Three points only with that goal difference, it will be very difficult.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Pedro Neto has looked awful. The chances he's squandered, people on here would be crying for a public execution if it was Almiron.

He's looked really dangerous I think. So direct

Just now, joeyt said:

He's looked really dangerous I think. So direct

But no goals, despite two really good chances to score. Just like Almiron is often getting pelters for on here. 

Just now, Conjo said:

But no goals, despite two really good chances to score. Just like Almiron is often getting pelters for on here. 

It's almost as if people aren't just basing Neto off just one game? 

He's got 8 assists in 11 premier league games this season

Just now, joeyt said:

It's almost as if people aren't just basing Neto off just one game? 

He's got 8 assists in 11 premier league games this season

I only commented on his performance this game. Generous to give him player of the match when he's wasted good chances to win Wolves the game.