Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, andycap said:

He's already shot shouldn't make a difference what the keeper does after that

That's incorrect mate, and that's where problems lie. Anywhere on the pitch it's a foul, yet if you get a shot away it's not usually given as a pen. But you pass or clear the ball and get caught like that it's a foul.

It's the inconsistency of not giving those type of fouls as penalties every time, as the decision is correct to give a penalty.

The keeper isn’t looking to win the ball he’s trying to stop a shot. The 2 players collide, if Ederson had saved the shot would it have been a penalty? He’s been penalised for not making the save, his position wouldn’t have changed in either event.

Ridiculous decision.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

That's incorrect mate, and that's where problems lie. Anywhere on the pitch it's a foul, yet if you get a shot away it's not usually given as a pen. But you pass or clear the ball and get caught like that it's a foul.

It's the inconsistency of not giving those type of fouls as penalties every time, as the decision is correct to give a penalty.

Youre absolutely right.  The issue us they never get given - i hate to bang the consistency drum but the players have to know what they can and cant do

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The keeper isn’t looking to win the ball he’s trying to stop a shot. The 2 players collide, if Ederson had saved the shot would it have been a penalty? He’s been penalised for not making the save, his position wouldn’t have changed in either event.

Ridiculous decision.

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Also need to see the pen again as it looked like contact only happened due to Nketiahs follow through

That's where some validity could be, was it a collision or Nketiah's momentum. If the refs deems it, then no penalty. For me it is, but you can as you two have seen it the other way.

One thing i would say to Tsunami, if an outfield player slides to stop the shot and then contacts Nketiah after not getting the ball, that's a foul, it's irrelevant who the player is.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I get that lad.  When I've watched football normally when the attacker gets the shot away the chance is gone. So by getting the pen it's like two bites of the cherry to score. 

4 minutes ago, keegshields said:

Saka has a right pair of stones on him. Clearly a brilliant footballer and destined for big things on the back of being so young and that England shite.

Absolute star this lad.

Favourite non-NUFC player in the league by a mile 

Just now, andycap said:

I get that lad.  When I've watched football normally when the attacker gets the shot away the chance is gone. So by getting the pen it's like two bites of the cherry to score. 

I guess that's where advantage comes in, or not depending who the ref is. In all my time refereeing, i've always given a penalty in same scenario, i've never seen one not given in the low level. Really seems to a professional football thing if you get the shot away.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Interlacing between the frames seems a bit static, quality of the picture is fine. Will see if it's better on Amazon via Sky second half. 

I’m watching via sky - it’s better than the sky uhd channel