Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 hour ago, Rod said:

This "genius" football manager allowed Arsenal 67% possesion and 20 shots at goal.  Playing at home.  Give me Eddie any day.

Don't misread me. I prefer Eddie but really like Emery too.

30 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't misread me. I prefer Eddie but really like Emery too.

That's fine.  However people on here will verify my feelings towards Emery.  He showed his bottle or rather lack of it by taking his name out the hat for the Newcastle job.  He obviously didn't want possible relegation to smear his cv.  I also personally think he's way overrated.

Two decent looking matches today, although both would have been better for the neutral (and us) if the respective venues were reversed.

Not really too fussed about Man Utd's results at the moment to be honest. It's true that if they dropped point today and we won our game in hand and the big game at SJP we'd be back above them, but it will be extremely tough to finish above them now, and not really expecting it - more focussed on the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, and Brighton.

If given the choice, I'd personally rather Man U won today but Rashford picked up a minor 10 day niggle and Fernandes was sent off than them losing but coming through completely unscathed on the selection front.

I thought we'd have been in a 7-9 battle with both West Ham and Leicester this season as they do have quality players, so it is a bit strange to see them where they are. Leicester look like they have picked right up since Maddison has come back in, and you'd still think West Ham would have more than enough, and they are on a mini unbeaten run, but there was a nightmare set of results for them yesterday and they're now back in the bottom 3.