Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It is to be fair ?

But this was literally every 20 minutes when it just didn't feel required. Just saw that he was born in 1972 so I guess he would be old enough to remember when Villa were decent, so that may enhance opinion, in the same way those who were around before the PL era may have a higher opinion on Everton.

On the other hand, we probably don't notice as much, but there probably will be a lot of 'cathedral on the hill' stuff during our matches.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Looking forward to having this new offside system next season, much quicker and seemingly more reliable than a bloke with a mouse 

Will be interesting to see how well it does in a crowded situation 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Looking forward to having this new offside system next season, much quicker and seemingly more reliable than a bloke with a mouse 

Won’t matter unless they give each player two lines and judge it onside if either intersect. That last Stirling goal is the type of offside that shouldn’t exist. Should’ve been a goal.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Will be interesting to see how well it does in a crowded situation 

Worked okay if memory serves right in the opening game of the World Cup

Loads of people were screaming corruption but the reverse camera showed it was spot on

Just now, LFEE said:

Won’t matter unless they give each player two lines and judge it onside if either intersect. That last Stirling goal is the type of offside that shouldn’t exist. Should’ve been a goal.

The line has to be somewhere. I don't get why people think drawing the line somewhere else makes any difference tbh.

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d never be screaming for a pen for that. It’s a disaster for the game. Why are teams getting an 80% chance of a goal from a situation where they have less than 5% chance of a goal?

Absolutely. Cross accidentally hitting an arm shouldn't be deciding games or ties. Easily the biggest problem with football and why games often turn to 'who can get a penalty' competitions. Trivial things turning into 0.80xg in form of penalties is just wrong and stupid but can't see it changing when nothing happened after the Liverpool-Spurs CL final.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I do agree that the law needs amending as attackers with such fine margins should be given the benefit of the doubt

But with the law as it is this new system is way better than what we have which is a bloke with a mouse who can be quite liberal with some lines

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I do agree that the law needs amending as attackers with such fine margins should be given the benefit of the doubt

But with the law as it is this new system is way better than what we have which is a bloke with a mouse who can be quite liberal with some lines

With my method you technically wouldn’t need lines as it would be obvious/daylight.

Reading 0 Sheff Utd 1.

Big win for them. Reading always appear bang average whenever I watch them on TV but they had taken 33 points from their 16 matches at home coming into this, so more than 2 points per game.

Sheff U had lost 3 of their last 4 in the league and Boro were closing in on them, but they are now back to being 7 points clear with both having 11 matches remaining. That's a 3 game swing so will be hard to claw back with games running out.

Edited by Paullow

Just now, LFEE said:

With my method you technically wouldn’t need lines as it would be obvious/daylight.

Then it would just turn to arguments about what is obvious and is there daylight or not. Line has to be drawn somewhere and I feel the current system is best even when some decisions are massively irritating and feel unfair.

I really hope one of Millwall or Coventry push Norwich out the play-offs, one of them along with Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Luton would be a really interesting and different set of potential teams to get promoted.

Think this weekend could decide it. Boro are the only ones in form enough to challenge. Sheffield United play Luton, could go either way. Boro at Swansea. If the gap gets bigger its over.

10 minutes ago, Pata said:

Then it would just turn to arguments about what is obvious and is there daylight or not. Line has to be drawn somewhere and I feel the current system is best even when some decisions are massively irritating and feel unfair.

Well yeah you still draw the lines. What I was aiming at is a 5yr old could do it with my offside law ?