Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Harry Kane dropping to the floor like he’d been shot being debated by Carra and Neville. With Carra on this he went down for a what was a soft push to the face.

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Palace with an interim manager and midtable has got to be as good a fixture as you can get

Agreed but never write wor woy off for his new manager bounce. I do think Everton will get something from that one and possibly Fulham but the others are tough.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Harry Kane dropping to the floor like he’d been shot being debated by Carra and Neville. With Carra on this he went down for a what was a soft push to the face.

Agree with him - it was embarrassing, reminded me of the boxing match in the old episode of porridge 

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Discussing us next on MNF. 

Carragher has generally spoken really well about us this season so should be a good listen, although I imagine Neville will try to make it all about Man Utd

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Neville legitimately thinks Mctom-Fernandes-Sabitzer is better a midfield than Bruno-Willock-Longstaff :lol: They just wanted it more apparently. 

"That shouldn't be happening" apparently. Laughable tbh, he clearly has no idea how good they are, Willock especially 

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

"That shouldn't be happening" apparently. Laughable tbh, he clearly has no idea how good they are, Willock especially 

Outrageously bad analysis that. "It was 3 on 3". Aye if you discount any kind of detail. We might have "more desire", but that's because of tactics, training and roles. No way Ten Hag gave those 3 the same freedom in that game as Howe gave our 3. Nor do they have their ability atm. No way did he instruct them to just "compete with us". They had their own gameplan and instruction and that midfield 3 of Man Utd were worse than ours yesterday because that gameplan and instruction was poor. And poorly executed, granted. I wish they'd at least pretend to try to pay more attention than constantly find pathetic excuses for that sorry excuse for a club.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Outrageously bad analysis that. "It was 3 on 3". Aye if you discount any kind of detail. We might have "more desire", but that's because of tactics, training and roles. No way Ten Hag gave those 3 the same freedom in that game as Howe gave our 3. Or do they have their ability atm. No way did he instruct them to just "compete with us". They had their own gameplan and instruction and that midfield 3 of Man Utd were worse than ours yesterday because that gameplan and instruction was poor. And poorly executed, granted. I wish they'd at least pretend to try to pay more attention than constantly find pathetic excuses for that sorry excuse for a club.

:thup:I agree, but I also just think that even at the level he's working with -  'on paper our players are better than yours' - is just lazy and wrong. Longstaff and Willock aren't just 'good lads', it's very easy to argue that they're better footballers than Sabitzer and McTominay and I'd be making that argument.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:thup:I agree, but I also just think that even at the level he's working with -  'on paper our players are better than yours' - is just lazy and wrong. Longstaff and Willock aren't just 'good lads', it's very easy to argue that they're better footballers than Sabitzer and McTominay and I'd be making that argument.

Absolutely. Its why I fucking hate them. Man Utds view of Man Utd is like people who were born in Yorkshire's view of Yorkshire. Batshit mental. The likes of Scholes however long ago too much tonguing "But this is Manchester United" (like he tongues his daughters feet). They're all the same, Neville shovels it by the skip load. Keane another.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Absolutely. Its why I fucking hate them. Man Utds view of Man Utd is like people who were born in Yorkshire's view of Yorkshire. Batshit mental. The likes of Scholes however long ago slurring "But this is Manchester United". They're all the same, Neville shovels it by the skip load. 

:lol: Yes

26 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Neville legitimately thinks Mctom-Fernandes-Sabitzer is better a midfield than Bruno-Willock-Longstaff :lol: They just wanted it more apparently. 

Man Utd fans (and players) have been desperate to convince themselves that if they'd have just bothered to try yesterday then they'd have won. Same way they tried to convince themselves we parked the bus at Old Trafford for 90 minutes. Arrogant, deluded lot.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't even think many neutrals would have looked at Man Utds XI, particularly the middle 2 and not think it looked quite weak.

You can tell the big wigs at Sky have blatantly briefed their employees about the whole 'United' thing. All this United vs United in the League Cup build up, and pretty much the same advert before the recent match. Neville there saying 'United' then quickly said 'Manchester United', and made sure he said 'Newcastle United' as quickly as he could :lol:.

3 of the League Cup matches had to be, but West Ham will be our 16th match in 2023 (11 league, 4 LC, 1 FAC) and every single one of them have been on TV (14 Sky, 1 BT, 1 BBC). Brentford on Saturday will be the first one that isn't, but the 3 after that Villa (BT), Spurs (Sky), Everton (BT) will be televised, so that will be 19 out of 20 :kasper:.