Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

7 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Ex Tottenham player Jermaine Jenas saying he can't watch them, FFS they are 4th top, When he played I think they were usually top 10 at best 

I've a mate who supports Spurs and says he's not watching again for the rest of the season. This was when they were 1-0 up and sitting third in the table. 

Bit baffled by it to be honest. Didn't think Spurs fans were entitled. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I've a mate who supports Spurs and says he's not watching again for the rest of the season. This was when they were 1-0 up and sitting third in the table. 

Bit baffled by it to be honest. Didn't think Spurs fans were entitled. 

I think its more all they try and do is qualify for the top 4, get the revenue, go out last 16 and repeat. Never try in the cups, just look at the last 2 years in the FA Cup.

From what I gather they would happily take top 6 with a manager who is building something, rather than just get top 4 and thats it with no long term planning to win anything.

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s an insidious way of him criticising as a way of falsely making out he was a better player than he was. Fraud

He constantly tries to rewrite a history in which he had a spine like 

22 minutes ago, TRC said:

I think its more all they try and do is qualify for the top 4, get the revenue, go out last 16 and repeat. Never try in the cups, just look at the last 2 years in the FA Cup.

From what I gather they would happily take top 6 with a manager who is building something, rather than just get top 4 and thats it with no long term planning to win anything.

I think they've done pretty well considering who they are competing against. Consistently finishing top 4 with a Champions league final, league cup final and a couple of title races they've been in in recent years whilst moving into a new stadium. 

Hiring Mourinho and Conte was clearly to try and push them that last step further to try and win some trophies. Think if anything they've probably overachieved and became a bit of a victim of their own success. 

The problem with spurs for me is they are too reliant on Kane, he is a fantastic player but the just play to his strengths, become predictable and rely on him to bail them out all the time, look at the other stickers they have brought in and none have them have become a success as there is no rotation as the rest of the squad is not strong enough to make up for when Kane is missing.

To be fair we were like that with shearer in the last 3 or 4 years of his playing time.

The kane incident was laughable he boots gueye on the ground then kicks doucore full belt and misses the ball then grabs doucore shirt not once but twice almost like he's trying to provoke him into lashing out. Such a wanker.