Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Haaland is a poor forward.  Brilliant if put everything on a plate but everything else is shocking.

He is not a great fit for this insufferable over passing style.

Done amazing to score like he has for them, but my God the number of times they fail to play him in earlier or just cross the damn ball.

Really makes you wonder what could be.

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We really got a +23 goal difference without even making conference league.. That's wild.

And totally sickening

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

As successful as they've been, you're disgusted if you're a Man City fan and you watch a team of that calibre put in a performance like that in any final, let alone one in a derby. 

They won’t give a single fuck, man.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Safety bets make the blow a little better like.

Roll on next season. 

Cant believe I forgot.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Beren said:

Haaland is so shit man [emoji38]

Man Utd deserve marginally Europe more. NUFC were dogshit for an uncomfortably long portion of the season. Have to take it on the chin.

No idea how you could possibly think that mate, they were good today for sure, although City honestly where the worst I've seen them in years, but Man U have been fucking awful this season, can't think of any logical reason to suggest they "deserved" it more than we did. 

This is not bitterness, this could end up being a blessing for us to bigger things, just don't understand how you could possibly make that statement. So many games this season they've been utterly dreadful, we've been poor defensively in many games no doubt, can never question our heart or desire though, or our tactical structure or what the manager is trying to do, them the on the hand, there a fucking embarrassment of a club from top to bottom. 

Edited by mondonewc

Just now, mondonewc said:

No idea how you could possibly think that mate, they were good today for sure, although City honestly where the worst I've seen them in years, but Man U have been fucking awful this season, can't think of any logical reason to suggest they "deserved" it more than we did. 

This is not bitterness, this could end up being a blessing for us to bigger things, just don't understand how you could possibly make that statement. So many games this season they've been utterly dreadful, we've been poor defensively in many games no doubt, can never question our heart or desire though, or our tactical structure or what they manager is trying to do, them the on the hand, there a fucking embarrassment of a club from top to bottom. 

They won a trophy - they deserve Europe more as a result.

If we won the FA Cup but the European place was handed over to the team finishing 7th, I wouldn’t be happy about that

I'm not as arsed as most about missing thursday 7pm kickoffs in lithuania, I just hate that man united fans get to be happy about anything

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

They won a trophy - they deserve Europe more as a result.

If we won the FA Cup but the European place was handed over to the team finishing 7th, I wouldn’t be happy about that

I'm not suggesting we should change the rules obviously, but I read it implying over the season they deserved it more, which I think is ludicrous, if I misread it my bad but pretty sure that was what was meant?

Like I've said a few times, they're the Liverpool of the '90s. Undue attention on them based on past success, generally pretty shite football but still somehow manage some decent league positions and a few cups.

The cunts had a fucking negative goal difference ffs, maybe I've just lost my mind lol.... 

I'm genuinely not that disappointed about Europe, would've enjoyed the trips but it's not about that, just don't understand the logic of the statement (I've been on the beers since 12 so maybe I'm just being a twat lol, apologies if so)

2 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

I'm not suggesting we should change the rules obviously, but I read it implying over the season they deserved it more, which I think is ludicrous, if I misread it my bad but pretty sure that was what was meant?

They deserve it more for the trophy win, certainly not because of the season generally.  But I don’t think we can complain about them earning their place for next season.  

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They deserve it more for the trophy win, certainly not because of the season generally.  But I don’t think we can complain about them earning their place for next season.  

OK, but surely it makes no sense to even reference the fact we were "doghsit" for a period of the season if we aren't talking about the season as a whole? 

No complaints from me, fair play to them today, deserved the win.

Anyways, fuck them, 90%+ of their fans will never know what it feels like fo truly actually give a fuck, and I'm being generous with 90, feel sorry for them more than I envy them.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Look at this Man City lot all smiles. Disgusting.

Imagine doing a guard of honour for the Mackems if they just beat us in a final [emoji38]

What happened to the league table never lies. Wigan won a cup but wouldn't say they deserved Europe more than a team that finished 11 places ahead of them just that those are the rules and thats fine.