Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

59 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Man Utd with the smash and grab at home to Wolves :lol: that was horrific, early days of course but so far the league has been as poor as last season:

Spurs looked spent without Kane.

City (Score aside) looked quite ordinary and a better team would have given them a much tougher game.

Liverpool vs Chelsea was 2 bald men fighting over a comb.

Arsenal almost bottled the 2nd half of their game and limped to a win.

Villa were all over the place in the 2nd half vs us.

They were saying that all the "big clubs" would transform into peak Real Madrid this year, and we would go back to our old self and drop like a rock:lol:

1 game in I know, but every season there's this assumption that any underperforming team will get their act together..

Edited by Erikse

Gary O’Neil is spot on. The whole clear and obvious thing is a load of bollocks. Everyone can see it’s a pen but coz the on field ref thinks it’s not we shouldn’t just leave it. 

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Man Utd with the smash and grab at home to Wolves :lol: that was horrific, early days of course but so far the league has been as poor as last season:

Spurs looked spent without Kane.

City (Score aside) looked quite ordinary and a better team would have given them a much tougher game.

Liverpool vs Chelsea was 2 bald men fighting over a comb.

Arsenal almost bottled the 2nd half of their game and limped to a win.

Villa were all over the place in the 2nd half vs us.

It's the small margins that make the difference over a season. Man U could finish 12th or grab 3rd spot again if they are relatively hard to beat and the officials are looking for chances to jump in on their behalf.

As has already been said, they along with Liverpool and Arsenal are a valued and revered brand for the PL. Do we really believe that doesn't factor into the equation when tight decisions decide football games?

Just now, KaKa said:

Gary O'Neill seems to have something about him. I'm rooting for him. 

Incredible what he got out of this bunch already at such short notice.

Was thinking the same thing, getting the best out of an average bunch of players, sounds familiar. Be nice to have another strong English manager.

I also think Casemiro is starting to show his age. 

Having him as the sole anchor and letting Mount/Fernandes run free would be a hard night's work for a 21-year-old never mind a 31-year-old. 

Ten Hag talks a good game, but I don't think this lot are any closer to a title challenge. There's still way too many passengers in attack.

1 minute ago, Viana said:

Having him as the sole anchor and letting Mount/Fernandes run free would be a hard night's work for a 21-year-old never mind a 31-year-old. 

Ten Hag talks a good game, but I don't think this lot are any closer to a title challenge. There's still way too many passengers in attack.

Athletically that three is not good enough. We'd absolutely roll them over. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Bournemouth will regret letting him go eventually 

The guy they got in is very highly rated so I think they'll be fine, Bournemouth.

O'Neill has got a great opportunity at Wolves though and so hopefully he takes advantage.

11 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Bournemouth will regret letting him go eventually 

There was an article over the summer about Eddie Howe’s time doing his coaching badges in Ireland and it was very notable that whilst the instructor rates Eddie as the course’s best ever pupil, Gary O’Neil was second.

10 minutes ago, Viana said:

Casimero was always going to be a short term signing at that age. Fabulous player for them last season, but probably a liability the longer this one goes on. He looked like he was fading at the end of the last campaign as well tbh.

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

I kind of agree [emoji38] Guy has already headed the ball, see those types of plays all the times. If Onana had punched the guy in the face then fine, but kind of clatters into him after the ball has been played and doesn’t really affect the play. maybe I should look at it for a fifth time though.

I might or might not be biased as Onana secured me 9p in FPL and Man U will be shite this season regardless.

Usually you talk a lot of sense. Not tonight 😆 

Just now, TRon said:

Casimero was always going to be a short term signing at that age. Fabulous player for them last season, but probably a liability the longer this one goes on. He looked like he was fading at the end of the last campaign as well tbh.

Nah, hes still good.  Will be fine if they get another midfielder who can actually defend to olay alongside him.  The Mount signing for them still baffles me

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Was impressed with the pace in Wolves midfield unless it was fitness. Something we still lack in midfield I feel. That pace for driving through midfields and for defensive recoveries.