Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

On 28/10/2023 at 14:54, The Bonk said:

Great points and you’ve changed my opinion on Palace. They pull in those players due to the appeal of living in the greater London area as a young, wealthy athlete. Good for them, keeps the club operating efficiently, but where is the growth? Suppose it’s better to be efficient and profitable than in a predicament like Everton find themselves in.

Think we have different interpretations of identity or maybe the on/off field identity’s. For me, culture drives identity and they're seemingly more bothered by our ownership than being anything other than a mid table PL club. That’s my personal bias towards them and similar clubs. 

We get branded “deluded Geordies” because we have heightened expectations of the club due to previous successes. I know that bothers some of our fanbase, but I would rather we have that label than be seen as accepting of mediocrity.

I agree there’s been no growth. Any attempt at evolution is halted when the going gets tough and they go back to type. For all the good Parish has done he’s yet to extend the stadium or win a trophy to really leave behind a legacy. As you say, they’re just happy to be here. It’s a weird one. 

OLD POST ALERT.  

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Doku doesn’t seem like a Man City player, far too much of an individual rather than team player 

Pep’s evolved away from his old blueprint. Old school full backs. Proper number 9.  And a genuine tricky winger. 

They need that. City wide players get 1v1 a lot. Why not get someone who is devastating 1v1?