Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Think the worst decision of the night was Hojlund being deliberately forearmed in the face by a defender who was already on a yellow. He ended up scoring the equaliser. 

A horrific display of refereeing. I'm including our pen in that too. Never in a million years was that handball but he had to give it after giving the previous one against us. 

Beating Bayern to qualify will be nice at least... 

Rashford decision was wrong in my opinion.

Maguire handball penalty was correct.

Agreed on forearm.

Your penalty was very soft though. Convinced it hit Maguire’s hand first.

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We won't play our reserves against Bayern like we did against you though. 

We had 7 players out injured and and the 2nd team humped you. 

Remember we emptied Old Trafford 

No desire in your team. Everybody seen it, even your Gary said so on sky sports. 

Not because you played your reserves, like you claim.

BTW, When was the last time you watched the boys walk of the pitch, and you felt a sense of pride no matter the result ?

I like your contribution around here, but sometimes you talk twaddle.

34 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Attacker in offside position interfering with Onana's line of sight. It was offside. 

Not that Onana would have saved it if it wasn't, the big useless shite. 

You can get to fuck on that one though. 😜

Edited by Shadow Puppets

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

We had 7 players out injured and and the 2nd team humped you. 

Remember we emptied Old Trafford 

No desire in your team. Everybody seen it, even your Gary said so on sky sports. 

Not because you played your reserves, like you claim.

BTW, When was the last time you watched the boys walk of the pitch, and you felt a sense of pride no matter the result ?

I like your contribution around here, but sometimes you talk twaddle.

I don't know why you lot get so hurt by me saying we played reserves. 

When our team is fully fit three of the players start at a push and one is the goalkeeper. Antony and Casemiro are the others and the latter was injured. 

We had worse injuries coming into that game than you as well. 

You also humped us and deservedly so. 

All of the above statements are true and that's OK. I don't know what the problem is. 

Also on your last point. A matter of months ago we finished third and won our first trophy in 6 years easily beating Newcastle despite playing (and beating) Barcelona either side of it while having a lot of injuries. I was plenty proud. Don't make the mistake of thinking the faith is gone after a bad start to a new season. The vast majority of criticism comes from opposition fans desperate for us to fail. 

Maybe this is a sign of where they're at, but I actually thought Man Utd were decent tonight, despite conceding 4, which I know sounds bonkers. I thought they showed more about them than they have in a number of games they've undeservedly scraped 1-0/2-1 this season. Just this time a couple of things went against them. And, obviously, defended like children.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

I don't think they will. Can't see them winning in Turkey. Draw might not be much use either.

Galatasaray are not a reliable team IMO. Gala’s game v FCK has inconvenient draw written all over it too. 

The hope is Bayern throw the game against FCK but realistically it’s not happening. 

For LOLs it’s 2nd or 4th though. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Attacker in offside position interfering with Onana's line of sight. It was offside. 

Not that Onana would have saved it if it wasn't, the big useless shite. 

I was impressed by that signing. What happened? 

Must admit I like the recent switch from the BT Sport app to Discovery+. There's literally 32 Europa / Europa Conference matches available to watch on Thursday, which means I can watch the mighty FC Nordsjælland :coolsmiley:

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

I don't know why you lot get so hurt by me saying we played reserves. 

Probably because the implication is that we weren’t also playing second / third string players.  The ‘we were playing reserves’ point is irrelevant if the opposition were too

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Probably because the implication is that we weren’t also playing second / third string players.  The ‘we were playing reserves’ point is irrelevant if the opposition were too

Exactly. 

I was responding to two people who said "our second team beat Man United." It wasn't me implying anything :lol:

4 hours ago, McDog said:

I was impressed by that signing. What happened? 

It'll hopefully make a lot more sense when we have our first team available and we can play out from the back as planned. 

Maguire was fifth choice centre back last season and Evans shouldn't even have a contract. 

Just seen the highlights, in the modern game I can see why Rashford got sent off, although I don't think it should be one, both penalties are a joke mind, not sure what either defender could do about each handball.

The way it's worked out Man U could still easily get through - their chances are far better than ours. They seemed to be writing them off last night. They're only a point behind second place, and they have two games left. They could easily get something from Gala, who I don't think are the greatest, and then they're at home to Bayern, who are already through and who won't field a full strength side. 

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

The way it's worked out Man U could still easily get through - their chances are far better than ours. They seemed to be writing them off last night. They're only a point behind second place, and they have two games left. They could easily get something from Gala, who I don't think are the greatest, and then they're at home to Bayern, who are already through and who won't field a full strength side. 

I think it's because at home to Galatasaray they deservedly got beat, that's a side doesn't travel well, at home Galatasaray is a tough game

At home Galatasaray created loads of chances against Bayern and were unlucky to lose that game really 

And if they lose to them then it's done and dusted so playing Bayern's C or D team will be irrelevant (even a draw won't be good as it takes it out of their hands)

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Just seen the highlights, in the modern game I can see why Rashford got sent off, although I don't think it should be one, both penalties are a joke mind, not sure what either defender could do about each handball.

Pre VAR, I don't think those handballs would be given, mainly because it would be difficult for the officials to spot with any certainty in real time. You're bound to get more handballs in the penalty area, with the crowded space and frenetic movement, but those two factors also make them difficult to see.

On the other hand, I think those handballs would probably be given in other areas of the pitch, if they were spotted, and the player had gained an advantage. So there's a bit of a problem. We may have to accept that there's bound to be a bit of inconsistency in the way the law is applied.